- News •
Third Annual Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Friday, October 7, 2016 • 7 p.m.
Student Amenities Building, Second Floor Banquet Room
Nomination Deadline: Monday, August 1
The 2016-17 Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is slated for Friday, Oct. 7, 2016. The group of inductees will be enshrined at the event, which celebrates the rich heritage and tradition of Wildcats athletics. Nominees will be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments and dedication to Fort Valley State University’s athletics program. There is a $25 nomination fee.
For more information about the event or to become a sponsor, contact Lonnie Bartley, 478.952.3311 or Lonnie.Bartley@yahoo.com.
- An athlete becomes eligible for nomination to the Hall of Fame five (5) years following the graduation of his or her class. The athlete must have earned at least two varsity letters, conference recognition, and served as a positive ambassador for Fort Valley State University. Desirable qualifications include NCAA champion or placing at a NCAA meet, All-America recognition, world, national or conference record setter, All-Region or All Conference selection, Scholar-Athlete achievement and amateur athletic achievements outside of FVSU such as an Olympic participant.
- Must have coached at least 5 years at Fort Valley State University with the final season completed at least five (5) years prior to selection. Coaches currently on staff are eligible for nomination after 15 years of continuous employment as a coach. Won- loss records, national and conference championships, contribution to the sport on a state, regional or national level, recognition by peers (i.e. Coach of the Year) and achievement in public life are desirable qualifications.
- A team shall become eligible for nomination to the Hall five (5) years after competition. The induction of a team shall not prohibit the separate induction of team members.
Athletics Administrators or Staff:
- Must have been an administrator or staff member at least five (5) years at Fort Valley State University with the final year of employment completed at least five (5) years prior to selection. Administrators and staff, currently employed at FVSU are eligible for nomination after 20 years of continuous service in the athletic department. The administrator or staff member must have demonstrated exceptional loyalty, character and a passion for the success of FVSU athletics.
- An induction into the FVSU Athletics Hall of Fame to recognize an extraordinary contribution or achievement by someone on behalf of Fort Valley State University Athletics. Desirable qualifications shall be given for recognition received, as well as contributions to the university in the form of money, volunteering many hours of service without pay and being a great FVSU ambassador. There is no age or years of service requirement for this category.
Mail Registration Form To:
ATTN: Lonnie Bartley
Fort Valley State University
Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, Ga. 31030-4313
Nomination Fee: $25
Payment By Phone: Contact the Fort Valley State University Foundation, Inc. at (478) 825-6474.
Payment By Mail:
Fort Valley State University Foundation, Inc.
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
(Please include a copy of your printable registration form found below)
Online: Visit: give-online to make your payment. In the “Fund” field, please select “Athletics-All-Star Basketball Reunion/Hall of Fame.