Attention All FVSU Residents:
*Please See Important Instructions on Official University Housing Closings:
All university housing for graduating seniors will officially close on Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 6 p.m.
All university housing for undergraduate students will officially close on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 6 p.m. unless you have a late final examination. Residents with late examinations will be allowed to checkout noon, May 7.
*NOTE: All students must clear ALL outstanding fines/balances with Residential Life before they leave.
PROPER CHECKOUT PROCEDURES:
1. Remove all personal property from your room.
2. Discard all trash, food scraps, etc. in outside trash dumpsters.
3. Resident apartments require cleaning in the kitchen, stoves, ovens, refrigerators, and restroom areas, along with your personal rooms. Wipe out desk and drawers.
4. Please clean in/under cabinets and under your furniture (couch, chairs, drawers, etc.).
5. Return all campus property to residence life, cafeteria, library etc.
6. Close and lock all windows.
7. Close window blinds completely.
8. Clear all account balances such as fines, holds, etc.
9. Check with your RLC or RA to ensure that your room is checked and is in proper condition before your departure. This is VERY important, because you will be charged for ALL damage that is not documented as previous damage.
10. Complete and sign Room Clearance Form.
11. Turn in all hard/soft room keys. Do not leave without signing the key log documenting you turned in your key. Failure to document you returned your key(s) may result in fines.
12. Please clean your entire apt. /room before you attempt to checkout. Please DO NOT inform the staff that your remaining roommate(s) will be responsible for cleaning the apartment, because you will still be charged for each area (living room, kitchen, bathroom, etc..) that is dirty upon your checkout.
*NOTE: Failure to complete a proper checkout with your Residential Life Coordinator or RA will result in substantial fines on your account.
For More Information, Call Residential Life, (478) 825-6100.
Please Have A Safe And Enjoyable Summer Break!!