Vacancy Number: 1021
Is this City for You?
Founded in 1895 as Fort Valley High and Industrial School, Fort Valley State has experienced tremendous growth and development over the years – culminating into a vibrant university with exceptional associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs and centers of excellence. As one of only two land grant institutions in the state of Georgia, the second largest campus in the state with over 1300 acres, and the highest ranked public historically black college and university (HBCU) in the state according to US News rankings, Fort Valley State University (FVSU) is recognized as not only a campus community where diversity and inclusion are cherished, but also as a place where the principles of Embrace (our heritage), Empower (our employees), and Engage (our students) are exemplified throughout campus on a daily basis.
Is this Career for You?
Position Overview: The Vice Provost for Student Success & Enrollment Management (VPSSEM) serves as part of the Academic Affairs Office team dedicated to supporting the mission of Fort Valley State University (FVSU), which is to advance the cause of education with emphasis upon fulfilling commitments that our community members have undertaken collectively. The successful candidate must be a student-centered leader who will serve as the chief student affairs officer who guides the growth and development of more than 2,600 students while developing and implementing strategic priorities that increase overall enrollment.
The VPSSEM reports directly to the Provost & Vice President of Academic Affairs and serves as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team under the leadership of the President of FVSU. The VPSSEM also sits on the Deans’ Council to ensure the University develops and implements initiatives designed to promote student success in the classroom and beyond. Specifically, the VPSSEM will provide leadership in the key areas of admissions, financial aid, intramurals, judicial affairs, residence life, student activities, student health and counselling services and TRIO (i.e., Talent Search and Upward Bound).
Qualifications & Experience
- A doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Five or more years of progressive leadership and management experience in student affairs and enrollment management services
- Management and oversight of substantial budgets comprised of federal, state and other funds
- The ability to develop and implement initiatives that increase enrollment through recruitment and retention
- A proven track record of creating a climate of openness and mutual respect
- The ability to develop and maintain institutional partnerships that bridge the gap between academic and student affairs
- An understanding of the interdependence of academic and non-academic aspects of student development
- Deep written and organizational skills
- Strong technical skills that include experience working with student management systems and software that enhances financial aid processing, housing assignments and student recruitment
Closing Date: The position will remain open until filled, but applications received by December 15, 2016, will receive full consideration.
Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Send electronic copies to email@example.com of the following:
- FVSU Application
- cover letter
- transcripts and
- contact information (i.e., name, address, phone and email) for three professional references
Please reference position #1021.
Fort Valley State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and does not discriminate against any person because of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, veteran status or disability.