- Newsroom •
The stadium will feature 10,000 seats for Wildcat Fans. The new stadium project began in November 2008 and is scheduled for completion by August 2009.
The student amenities building will be completed December 2009 and will include Chick-fil-A and Quiznos restaurants.
- Architects: Ellis Ricket and Associates
- Program Manager: Hal Gibson Companies
- General Contractor: Wilkinson Construction Company Inc. (WCCI)
Two-Day Celebration includes*:
Friday, Aug. 28:
10 a.m………Golf Outing, Perry Country Club, Perry Ga • $26 fee
Contact Lonnie Bartley, (478) 825-6622
or Joe Cunningham, (478) 825-6220
5 p.m………..Ribbon Cutting Ceremony followed by Guided Tours
7 p.m………..Sports Hall of Fame Banquet and Induction Ceremony
C. W. Pettigrew Center
Tickets: $50 per person, call (478) 825-6888
- Saturday, Aug. 29:
3 p.m……….Parade (includes local high school bands and businesses)
Downtown Fort Valley, Georgia
Carnival immediately following parade
8 p.m……….FVSU Wildcats vs Clark-Atlanta University Panthers
Tickets-(478) 825-6532Please call Marketing and Communications at (478) 825-6319
*Details are tentative and subject to change.
Features of the New Stadium:
- Concession stands: on both sides of the stadium. Each side will feature a retail space for areas like Alumni Affairs to sell merchandise such as t-shirts or programs. Additionally, the stadium will have vendor booths available throughout its breezeway.
- Individual Stadium Chairs: 1,200 to 1,600 individual stadium chairs with chair backs for season ticket holders and special guests
- Press Boxes: for the media to cover play-by-play action on the gridiron.
- A President’s Box: A special guest site that will hold approximately 30 people. Observation decks on either side of the box will allow visitors a wide-angle view of the field.
- Coaches’ Boxes: To help head coaches strategize and adjust their game plan by giving them a bird’s eye view of the action as it happens.
- Three Skyboxes: offer luxury for group parties of 10 to 15 people. Sodexofeatures an online catering menu for skybox parties.
- State-of-the-art sound system: Sportsound 1500 HD Outdoor Sound System
- Brand-new Score Board: with video playback monitors. Advertising panels on both sides.
- Six Restroom Areas: one male and two female restrooms on each side of the stadium.
- Parking: in addition to the Wildcat Stadium parking lot, visitors may utilize parking at the Health and Physical Education Complex. Shuttle services will be provided one hour before and after the game.