TakeOff 2019: New Student Orientation

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions for New Student Orientation

1. Question: When is move-in day for new freshmen?

Answer: Move-in is scheduled for Monday, August 12, 2019 from 8:00 am -2 pm.

  • Students assigned to WC 1, WC 2, WC 4, and WC 6
    Move-in time starts at 8 am
  • Students assigned to WC 3, WC 5 and WC 7
    Move-in time starts at 10 am

2. Question: What should I have completed before I am able to move-in?

Answer: All students must be financially cleared by the Cashier’s Office before move-in.   In addition, they must have completed the academic advising and registration process with their academic advisor in the University College.

3. Question: How do I check for my housing assignment?

Answer: Students should check their StarRez account to find information about their assignment and roommates.

4. Question: How do I insure my personal belongings?

Answer: Housing and Residential Life provides informational pamphlets on theft, fire, natural disasters and accidental damage insurance to students. This information is located in Wildcat Commons Clubhouse or students can visit www.nsssi.com.

5. Question: Are there any special items I should bring for activities for New Student Orientation Week?

Answer: Yes, students are expected to bring black dress pants (gentlemen) or black dress pants or a skirt (ladies), in addition to a white dress shirt for the Freshmen Induction Ceremony on Friday, August 18. This is required attire.

In addition, there is an all-white attired party scheduled for an evening during the week. You may want to consider an appropriate outfit for this occasion.

6. Question: Am I required to participate in all programs that are a part of New Student Orientation Week?

Answer: Yes, all new freshmen are required to participate in all programs during this week. The events and programs have been planned to provide an experience that will inform and welcome you to the Wildcat Family.

7. Question: I have documents related to a documented disability (physical or psychological) how do I ensure that I receive the necessary accommodations?

Answer: You must self-report all disability to the Office of Disability Services.

8. Question: I would like a parking decal. What should I do?

Answer: To obtain a parking decal, please contact Campus Police.

9. Question: How do I log in to Star Rez?

Answer: Students log in to Star Rez through the MyFVSU portal.