The global pandemic has impacted many families through various circumstances including financial crisis. Fort Valley State University’s Department of Financial Aid allows students to request professional judgment if individuals are experiencing extenuating circumstances that may warrant a reevaluation of financial aid.
Circumstances may include, but are not limited to:
- Loss or change of employment.
- Loss or change in amount of child support, Social Security, or other benefits.
- Death, Divorce, or Separation of parents or spouse.
- Unusual medical expenses (not covered by insurance)
- Onetime taxable income uses for life changing events (e.g. IRA, pension distribution, back-year Social Security payments).