Frequently Asked Questions
Students interested in studying abroad should start planning for their program as early as possible. Our office encourages students to begin thinking about their study abroad program around a minimum of 8-10 months in advance of when their program would be traveling abroad.
- The process to get started can seem overwhelming, but we are here to help! If you have questions about what program to choose or any general questions about study abroad, you can schedule a meeting with our FVSU Study Abroad Advisor using their Bookings
- There are multiple options when it comes to finding financing for your study abroad program. Please visit our “Financing Your Study Abroad Experience page for more information on the resources available to students.
- Yes! Most study abroad programs will offer a pre-departure orientation that will answer any questions you may have about your destination country and provide you with cultural background knowledge. These orientations usually also cover best practices on how to navigate international travel. There are multiple organizations, such as Diversity Abroad and Black & Abroad that offer resources designed specifically for students of color traveling abroad.
- Yes! International students may participate in study abroad programs as long as they follow the requirements of their student visa and any requirements that may be imposed by their destination country. If you are interested in getting more information, please contact our FVSU Study Abroad Advisor using their Bookings.
- The International Student Organization is open to all students on campus, whether you are an international or domestic student. If you are interested in joining the organization, please get in touch with the organization’s faculty sponsor, Stacie Barrett, Ph.D.,at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of Global Studies and Engagement is located on the second and third floors of the H.A. Hunt Memorial Library. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (478)-822-1008.