Office of the Registrar


What is MyFVSUDegree?

MyFVSUDegree is a Web-based tool for students to monitor their academic progress toward degree completion. MyFVSUDegree also allows students and their advisors to plan future academic coursework.

Which students will MyFVSUDegree produce a degree audit for?

MyFVSUDegree should only be used to evaluate degree progress for undergraduate students who first entered FVSU or have a catalog year equal to Fall 2011 or later.

What is a Catalog Year?

The catalog year determines which catalog/degree requirements students follow to obtain a degree. Students/Advisors may update the catalog year to Fall 2011 or later. With the implementation of MyFVSUDegree, your major and catalog year will have to be correct in order to run a successful degree audit.  Please remember a student can only move forward in catalogs and cannot go backwards.  Once a request has been submitted to change a student’s catalog year, the student will not be able to switch back to a previous catalog.

What is an audit?

A MyFVSUDegree audit is a review of past, current and “planned” coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree/major/minor/concentration.

Can I access MyFVSUDegree on any computer

Yes. Access to DegreeWorks is through MyFVSU.

Is my information confidential?

Yes. Like other processes you use through MyFVSU, MyFVSUDegree is accessed through your secure log in. Your advisor, faculty, and selected staff will be able to view the information contained in MyFVSUDegree.

Who has the ability to access MyFVSU?

Currently, MyFVSUDegree is available to all FVSU students. Advisors, faculty, and selected staff will also have access for the purpose of supporting your progress through your matriculation at the university.

Can I register for classes in MyFVSUDegree?

No. MyFVSUDegree is a snapshot of courses in-progress, planned, and in academic history. Registration, add/drop, requests to audit courses, etc., are still handled through already established university procedures.

How current will my information be in MyFVSUDegree?

The information in MyFVSUDegree is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in MyFVSUDegree the next day. But, your advisor has the ability to refresh and process a new audit to pull in your latest student data to view any changes that might have happened the same day.

Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements?

Yes. MyFVSUDegree is in a block format displaying degree, major, minor, and concentration requirements information. Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that you still need to complete.

Are my grades visible in MyFVSUDegree

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in MyFVSUDegree. Courses in-progress are listed as “CURR” in the grade column.

Is MyFVSUDegree a transcript? Is this the same as my transcript?

No. MyFVSUDegree is an unofficial audit of your coursework, as well as an outline of requirements still needed to complete your program of study.

What do I do if I believe my information is incorrect?

You should consult your advisor and review your audit with him/her to ensure accuracy. Reminder: Advisors, be sure to refresh and click “Process New” to view most current information.

How can I update information?

You cannot update course information in MyFVSUDegree. If you need to change your major/minor/concentration (Undergraduates only) you need to follow the university procedure for doing so.

What will my audit show me?

Your audit will display the courses you have taken or are in progress. The audit will show you any degree, major, minor, or concentration requirements that are being met by the courses you have taken or that may be met upon satisfactory completion of courses in progress.

Will I be able to view my entire history of courses taken at FVSU?

MyFVSUDegree uses the information that is current in academic history. You will be able to view any courses that have been completed/registered for/transferred by the date your audit was last refreshed. (Data is refreshed nightly.) Keep in mind that any transfer work or grade changes that have not been formally submitted and accepted will not appear on your audit.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

Your audit will outline for you courses still needed to meet degree, major, minor, and/or concentration requirements within each specific block. Use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

Can I email my advisor though MyFVSUDegree?

Yes. Click on the advisor’s name and the email client will pop up in order for you to send an email.

Where can I find my advisor's contact information?

You can email your advisor from your MyDegreeWorks audit. Your advisor’s contact information and other student information can be found on the “Student Information” page in MyFVSU, located under “Student Records”.

If I think my audit is incorrect, whom do I contact?

Your academic advisor is your primary point of contact. If he/she determines that your audit is incorrect, he/she will contact the Registrar’s Office for assistance

Where can I find my advisor's contact information?

You can email your advisor from your MyDegreeWorks audit. Your advisor’s contact information and other student information can be found on the “Student Information” page in MyFVSU, located under “Student Records”.

Can I view course information in MyFVSUDegree?

By clicking on a course in your audit you can view the course description, pre-requisites required, and available course sections for the upcoming semester. Course sections do not show location, use the Dynamic Schedule to view additional course details.

My record is not reflecting my current major but I have submitted a change of major. Why doesn't my major show correctly?

It can take up to 3 to 5 days to process a declaration/change of major.

Where can I see my audit for my second Degree?

You can access your second degree audit by using the Degree drop down menu at the top of the screen.

If I withdraw from a class, will that be reflected in my audit?

Courses from which you have withdrawn will appear in the Insufficient block on your audit.

How does MyFVSUDegree handle repeated courses?

MyFVSUDegree adheres to FVSU’s Academic Forgiveness Policy when producing a degree audit. A student is eligible to repeat courses without limits in which a grade of “D”, “F” or “WF” has been earned. The last earned grade shall be calculated in the student’s institutional grade point average.  The previously enrolled course will appear in the Insufficient block on your audit.

My advisor told me that a course I took would be substituted for a requirement. Why doesn't this information appear in my audit? (top)

You should contact your advisor to have any exemption issue resolved. Any waivers, substitutions, or exceptions for major, minor or concentration requirements will be communicated to the Office of the Registrar by the appropriate Dean.

Can I print my audit? (top)

You can print your audit by clicking on the “Print” button at the top or you can print the Registration Checklist and/or save the audit in a PDF (use the drop down arrow under format to locate the registration checklist).

What is the What If feature?

The What If function allows you to hypothetically change your major, minor, or concentration. Your new What If audit will show you what coursework is required for this major, minor, or concentration, what courses you have taken that satisfy requirements, and what courses are still left for you to take.

What the Term Calculator show?

The Term Calculator will show you your estimated cumulative GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information. By putting in your current earned credits and GPA and placing your in-progress courses in the table (this all will default in for you) along with the grade you anticipate receiving for each course; you will see a revised cumulative GPA based on the estimates you provided.

Is this calculated GPA guaranteed?

No. This GPA Calculator tool is designed for estimation purposes only and is not final and should not be deemed as such. This calculator does not account for our Forgiveness Policy.  In addition, Learning Support/ Remedial courses are not taken into consideration for the overall GPA.  Please note that the cumulative GPA calculated using this tool may differ from the HOPE eligibility GPA.

What does the Graduation Calculator show?

You enter the GPA you would like to have at graduation. The Graduation Calculator will show what GPA you will need to average over your remaining semesters to obtain your desired GPA at graduation.

My record is not reflecting my current major but I have submitted a change of major. Why doesn't my major show correctly?

It can take up to 3 to 5 days to process a declaration/change of major.

What does the Advice Calculator show?

The advice calculator will show you how many credits must be earned at a certain GPA to achieve your desired GPA.