Vacancy Number: 1009
Job Summary: Employee will be responsible for performing routine building maintenance and repairs on existing building facilities. Must possess commercial, industrial and residential carpenter skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine building systems defects and needed repairs making notes and recommendations for repair.
- Performs routine carpenter repairs and improvements, to include residential, commercial and industrial.
- Responds to campus work orders that relate to building construction needs.
- Performs different levels of door and window repairs.
- Performs monthly maintenance on door control hardware.
- Works with third party contractors to service, maintain and repair automatic door control equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Performs other work related duties as required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to be on-call on a rotating schedule.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Completion of High School or equivalent, GED
- Technical school training in commercial construction, a plus.
- Five years working experience in facility maintenance or related trade.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer services oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the University’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly and consistently.
- Ability to use common hand tools.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a group or with minimal supervision.
- Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. calculator, computer, fax machine, copier, etc…)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Some local travel required in surrounding areas.
- Some evening, night and weekend work will be required as needed.
- Working in extreme heat or cold conditions will be possible.
- Ability to push 75 pounds and lift 30 pounds. (Material handling)
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Ability to work in extreme heat, cold and noisy areas.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons MUST submit a complete application packet which includes:
- FVSU Application (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Cover Letter (include Job Title and Job Number)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
- List of three (3) Professional References including their contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title and Job Number in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2016.