The Inaugural Fort Valley University Day of Community Service
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. • Various Locations in Fort Valley
The Inaugural Day of Community Service is a chance for everyone to roll of their sleeves and get involved. The Day of Service will allow Fort Valley State University Students to volunteer with various organizations in the Fort Valley Area in honor of President Ivelaw on Thursday, April 10 from 11 a.m. until 4 pm. Students can volunteer individually or with a student organization. There are 11 different volunteer opportunities, covering a wide spectrum of issues, from homelessness and environmental to hunger and health care.
The FVSU Day of Community Service is a great way to show the city and surrounding community that Fort Valley State University cares and wants to give back. This opportunity is not just for the students. If you are a faculty, staff or alumni, we encourage you to spend an hour or two of your time, serving as a project manager.
From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., volunteers will spend time at the identified areas of service below:
• St. Peter AME Church • 502 State University Drive
• Trinity Missionary Baptist Church • 507 State University Drive
• Usher’s Temple CME • 411 Railroad Street
• Central Union Baptist • 501 Preston Street
• Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church • 1101 E Church Street
• City Wide Car Wash- Harvey’s Supermarket/Auto Zone • 202 Vineville St, Fort Valley
• State University Drive Clean-up- 1005 State University Drive
• Distribution of City Wide Community Garden Flyers • Harvey’s Supermarket/Auto Zone • 202 Vineville St, Fort Valley
• Keep Main Street Fort Valley Clean • Downtown Fort Valley
Contact the Office of Campus Life at 478. 825-6292 or Annette Burgess, firstname.lastname@example.org or 825.6629 to reserve your spot.