Congratulations to Graduates!
The annual Commencement Ceremony recognizes the culmination of years of work by students and faculty. Held at the end of fall and spring semesters, graduation represents a time of pride for FVSU faculty and staff, as well as for students and their families.
2015 Spring Commencement
May 2, 2015 • 9:30 a.m.
Health and Physical Education Complex
Saturday, December 13, 2014
FVSU’s Health and Physical Education Complex
Click Here for Directions
Distinguished Speaker: Senator Freddie Powell Sims, Georgia State Senate, District 12
Guests will be required to present tickets in order to be admitted. Those without tickets will be directed to an overflow viewing area in the C. W. Pettigrew Center auditorium. After 9:30 a.m., guests are invited to view the ceremony remotely, from the comforts of home or at the C. W. Pettigrew Center. Campus parking is free. For questions regarding the ceremony, please call the Office of Academic Affairs, (478) 825-6330.
Do you have friends or family who were unable to attend the ceremony? They can see the ceremony here.
News and Updates
- University to hold Fall Commencement (November 5, 2014)
- Alumni class of 1964 makes record-setting donation to Fort Valley State University (May 5, 2014)
- FVSU graduates shine at 73rd annual Spring commencement (May 3, 2014)
- FVSU student to graduate debt-free (April 28, 2014)
- SUNY-Albany president to headline FVSU’s 73rd Spring Commencement (April 14, 2014)
- Read more about the Fall 2014 ceremony and the guest speaker: Freddie Powell Sims
- UPDATE: Letter to Fall 2014 Graduates
- To ensure your name is spelled and pronounced correctly, all candidates must complete a Graduation Card. Please bring with you to the commencement practice, Friday, Dec. 12 at 2 p.m. Click here to download the form.
- Submit your graduation news to your hometown newspaper by completing our online form.
Visitors will park in outlying parking lots (follow the many signs that will be posted) and enjoy arrangements of free shuttles running continual loops from the Wildcat Stadium to the HPE Complex, and to the Pettigrew Center for non-ticket holders. Parking is available for FVSU faculty and staff in the Bond Building parking lot and at the Wildcat Commons for students. Directions • Download Campus Map