Fort Valley State University values the opportunity to serve international students. Students from nations other than our own bring with them a rich cultural diversity and global perspectives from which we can all learn. Our interactions are predicated on inclusivity, a spirit of free inquiry and a deep appreciation the history and experiences of others.
FVSU offers the ideal environment for one-on-one learning, state-of-the-art research facilities, and also encourages connections to the world, both near and far, through relationships with local communities and countries around the globe. With more than 70 student organizations, FVSU also offers a thriving sorority and fraternity system, conference-leading athletic teams, honor societies and student government. Students will enjoy comfortable and safe residence halls, a spacious Wildcat Stadium, and supportive services of caring faculty and staff.
International students will find a “home away from home” on our historic campus. With an enrollment beyond 3,000, our institution is the perfect size for building lifelong relationships that go beyond race, background and nationality. Our community is based on a shared love of learning and a thirst for personal growth. We’re family here. Everyone belongs.
For more information, visit http://www.fvsu.edu/admissions/admissions_deadlines_and_requirements.
Fort Valley State University welcomes admission inquiries from international students. International students should have complete admission applications on file three months before the beginning of the term (summer/semester) in which they intend to enroll. An international student is one who is not a U.S. Citizen.
The international student must follow the following procedures:
- APPLY online for Admission (APPLY should be a hyperlink)
- Pay $20 non-refundable application fee online
- Provide verification of graduation from high school or secondary institution
- Provide official High School Transcripts/Certificate in English (with certified translation)
- Provide a transcript evaluation form (with determined G.P.A.) from an accredited transcript evaluation agency in the United States
- Provide official SAT/ACT or TOEFL scores TOEFL scores (must be 525 or above)
- Provide other information as requested by staff of the Office of Admissions
The U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS) Form I-20 AB will be issued only after completing the Confidential Financial Statement. Check the appropriate sources below which will be used to cover your educational expenses and complete the section(s) checked on the Confidential Financial Statement.
- A statement from the bank, lending agency or sponsor that stipulates the amount of money on reserve for tuition, fees and living accommodations to matriculate in a four-year undergraduate program in the United States
- Declaration of Certification of Finance, that sufficient funds are available to finance the planned course of study without causing undue hardship on the student
- If a FVSU Scholarship Student, the student’s official scholarship award letter and/or Grant-In-Aid Form with specific dollar amount awarded.
- If a government-sponsored student, official sponsorship certification.
For frequently asked questions, visit http://www.usg.edu/student_affairs/students/verification_of_lawful_presence
Didn’t find the answer to your question? Contact Us to submit your question to the FVSU Office of Student Success.