Relevant publications (out of 108 publications):
· Adefenwa, M A.; B.O. Agaviezor, S. O. Peters, M. W, K. Adekoya, M. Okpeku, B. Oboh, G. O. Williams, M. Singh and I. G. Imumorin.Identification of ingle nucleotide polymorphisms in the agouti signaling protein (ASIP) gene in Nigerian and North American goats. Molecular Biology Reports (2013) 40(7): 4447-4457. DOI: 10.1007/s11033-013-2535-1)
· Singh, M; X. Ma & A. Sharma. Effect of postmortem time interval on in vitro culture potential of goat skin tissues stored at room temperature. In Vitro Cell and Developmental Biology-Animal. (2012) 48: 478-482 (DOI: 10.1007/s11626-012-9539-3)
· Singh, M; X Ma, E Amoah and G Kannan. In vitro culture of fibroblast-like cells from postmortem skin of Katahdin sheep stored at 4 degree C for different time intervals. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol.-Animal. (2011) 47(4):290-93.
· Singh, M; AK Sharma & P Yadav. Characterization of GSF289: a fibroblast cell line derived from goat ear skin explants. Journal of Biotech Research. (2011) 3: 1-6.
· Singh, M & A Sharma. Outgrowth of fibroblast cells from goat skin explants in three different culture media and the establishment of cell lines. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol.-Animal. (2011) 47 (10): 83-88.
· Ahmad, I; MSA Khan, F Aqil & M Singh*. Microbial applications in agriculture and the environment: a broad perspective. (2011) p.1-27. (doi: 10.1007/978-1-4419-7931-5_1) In: Iqbal Ahmad, F. Ahmad & J. Pichtel. Eds. Microbes and Microbial Technology: Agriculture and Environmental Applications; Springer New York, copyrighted 2011 (*Corresponding author)
· Ahmad, I; MSA Khan, FM Husain, M Zahin & M Singh. Bacterial Quorum Sensing and Its Interference: Methods and Significance. (2011) p127-161. (doi: 10.1007/978-1-4419-7931-5_6) In:Iqbal Ahmad, A. Ahmad and J. Pichtel. Eds. Microbes and Microbial Technology: Agricultural and Environmental Applications; Springer New York, copyrighted 2011.
· Singh, M; A Sharma; X Ma; E Amoah & G Kannan. Construction of a goat myostatin gene promoter-GFP translational fusion to study promoter regulation. J. Anim. Sci. (2010) 88 (E-Suppl.3): 8. (Abstr.)
· Lavelle, D; Y Saunthararajah; K Vaitkus; M Singh; V Banzon; P Phiasivongsva; S Redkar; S Kanekal; D Bearss; C Shi; R Inloes & J DeSimone. S110, a novel decitabine dinucleotide, increases fetal hemoglobin levels in baboons (P. Anubis). Journal of Translational Medicine (2010) 8:92 (DOI:10.1186/1479-5876-8-92)
· Singh, M; AS Yadav; X Ma & E Amoah. Plasmid DNA transformation in Escherichia Coli: effect of heat shock temperature, duration, and cold incubation of CaCl2 treated cells. International J. of Biotech & Biochem. (2010) 6(4):561–568.
· $Chin, J; $M Singh; V Banzon; M Hankewych; T Kousnetzova; V Ibanez; J DeSimone & D Lavelle. Transcriptional activation of the gamma-globin gene in baboons treated with decitabine and in cultured erythroid progenitor cells involves different mechanisms. Experimental Hematol. (2009) 37(10):1151-1142 ($ equal contribution by Drs. Chin and Singh)
· Singh, M & B Dhiman. Construction and characterization of a gene-targeting plasmid DNA vector in Nicotiana tabacum. Journal of Biotech Res. (2009) 1: 13-20.
· Lavelle, D; J Chin; K Vaitkus; S Redkar; T Chunlin; M Hankewych; M Singh; Y Saunthararajah & J DeSimone. Oral decitabine mesylate reactivates expression of the methylated γ-globin gene in Papio anubis. Amer J. of Hematol. (2007) 82(11): 981-985.
· Singh, M; K Vaitkus; M Hankewych; D Lavelle; N Mahmud & J DeSimone. The γ-globin gene promoter progressively demethylates as the heamatopoietic stem progenitor cells differentiate along the erythroid-lineage in baboon fetal liver and adult bone marrow. Experimental Hematol. (2007) 35: 48-55.
· Lavelle, D; K Vaitkus; M Hankewych; M Singh & J DeSimone. Developmental changes in DNA methylation and covalent histone modifications of chromatin associated with the ε-, γ- and β-globin gene promoters in Papio anubis. Blood Cells, Molecules & Diseases (2006) 36(2): 269-278.
· Lavelle, D; K Vaitkus; M Hankewych; M Singh & J DeSimone. Effect of 5-aza-2’-deoxycytidine (Decogen) on covalent histone modifications of chromatin associated with the ε-, γ- and β-globin promoters in Papio anubis. Experimental Hematol. (2006) 34: 339-347.
· *Dhiman, B & M Singh. Molecular detection of Cashew husk (Anacardium occidentale) adulteration in market samples of dry tea (Camellia sinensis). Planta Medica (2003) 69: 882-884.
· Singh, D & M Singh. Organization of 5S ribosomal RNA genes in Camellia sinensis (tea). Genome(2001) 44(1): 143-146.
· Singh, M & C Sharma. Detection of plasmid-encoded gusA gene in a GUS positive Escherichia coli. BioTechniques (1999) 26(2): 261‑264.
· Singh, M. Mammalian cloning: implications on our society. Indian Vet Med J. (1998) 22(2): 133‑135.
· Singh, M. Hematological responses of a fresh water teleost Channa punctatus to experimental copper and chromium poisoning. J Environ Biol. (1995) 16(4): 339‑341.
· Woodgate, R; M Singh; OI Kulaeva; EG Frank; AS Levine & WH Koch. Isolation and characterization of novel plasmid-encoded umuC mutants. J. Bacteriol. (1994) 176(16): 5011‑5021.
· Singh, M; SC Sanyal; MA Choudhary & JNS Yadav. Plasmid-mediated drug-resistance in veterinary and human isolates of Escherichia coil: A potential threat to human and veterinary medicine. Indian Vet Med J. (1994) 18(3): 131‑141.
· Singh, M & JNS Yadav. Evidence of a 35.8 x 108 Dalton Ent‑R‑plasmid in Escherichia coli isolated from human urinary-tract infection. Indian Vet Med J. (1992) 16(1): 51‑53.
· Singh, M; JNS Yadav & SC Sanyal. Enterotoxigenic drug-resistant plasmids in animal isolates of Escherichia coli and their zoonotic importance. J Trop Med Hyg. (1992) 95(5): 316‑321.
· Singh, M & JNS Yadav. Are the oxytetracycline and doxycycline resistance genes different? Indian Vet Med J. (1992) 16(1): 82-86.
· Singh, M; MA Choudhry; JNS Yadav & SC Sanyal. The spectrum of antibiotic-resistance in human and veterinary isolates of Escherichia coli collected from 1984‑86 in Northern India. J Antimicrobial Chem. (1992) 29: 159‑168.
· Singh, M & JF John. Isomeric DNA ladder formation of a plasmid encoding tobramycin resistance in Escherichia coli. J Antimicrobial Chem. (1991) 28(5): 627‑637.
· Singh, M; MA Choudhry & JNS Yadav. Drug-resistance and colicin production among various serotypes of Escherichia coli of animal origin. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. (1989) 32(3): 161‑166.
· Choudhry, MA; M Singh & JNS Yadav. Critical concentration of lincomycin and polymixin‑B in Biken Assay for detection of heat-labile enterotoxins of Escherichia coli. Lett Appl Microbiol. (1988) 7: 123‑125.
· Singh, M & JNS Yadav. Effect of acridinium ions on the curing of R‑plasmids. Indian J Exp Biol. (1988) 26(10): 668‑670.
· Ahmad, M; JNS Yadav & M Singh. Enterotoxigenicity and antibiotic-resistance behavior of Escherichia coli of animal origin. Indian J Med Res. (1988) 83(3): 466‑472.
· Yadav, JNS; M Ahmad & M Singh. Prevalence of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli in the clinical isolates of human beings and domestic animals. Indian J Animal Sci. (1988) 58(5): 428‑430.
· Yadav, JNS & M Singh. Genetic stability of various R‑factors among the clinical isolates of Escherichia coli under normal laboratory conditions. Indian Vet Med J. (1985) 9(3): 123‑131.
· Singh, M & VP Agarwal. Lanasyn dark-violet induced heamatochemical anomalies in a teleost Heteropneustes fossilis. J Agri Biol Res. (1985) 1(1): 16‑19.
· Singh, M; AK Awasthi & VP Agarwal. Lanasyn dark-violet induced enzymological probes in the liver and kidney of a fresh water teleost Heteropneustes fossilis. Indian Vet Med J. (1985) 9(3): 163‑165.
· Singh, M; C Sharma & B Lal. (2001). Species-specific DNA sequences and their utilization for identification of Viola species and in detection of adulteration in a medicinal herb “banafsha”. US patent no: 6465637.
· Singh, M & B Dhiman. (2001). Species-specific genomic DNA sequences for identification of Anacardium occidentale and the method for their utilization in detection of adulteration of cashew husk in tea samples. US patent no: 6541624.