Normal Hours of Operations: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Daily*
Office of Financial Aid
Troup Administration Building | Suite 113
Fort Valley, Georgia 31030
(478) 825-6976 fax
(478) 825-6363 office
SCHOOL CODE: 001566
* On Wednesdays, your Financial Aid Advisors are dedicated to processing application for the 2016-2017 Aid Year. Customer Service Representatives are available to provide assistance.
Welcome to Fort Valley State University! The Financial Aid Staff and I are committed to assisting you and your parents in making your experience in the financial aid process as smooth as possible. While planning for your college, financing your education is an important investment for accomplishing your future endeavors. The Financial Aid Office is available to provide service in the form of counseling, application process, and etcetera. As you review our web information, you will realize that the University administers a number of financial aid programs that may provide the assistance you need to help pay for your pursuit of higher education at Fort Valley State University.
Our goal is to make your college experience a memorable one. We ask that you help us to help you by taking ownership of completing the financial aid process before the March 1st priority deadline. Meeting deadlines is essential to having your financial aid available before you matriculate. Success means different things to different people. Success to the Financial Aid Office is being able to provide excellent service to our students by processing your applications timely, efficiently, and accurately.
You have control of your success and therefore, are expected to rise to the occasion of assuming responsibility for your future. The expectation now is for you to take responsibility for completing and submitting all required financial aid documents as requested. The application process is as follows:
- Create a Federal Student Aid Id (FSA ID) at www.fsaid.ed.gov .
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.govbefore the March 1st priority deadline. The FAFSA becomes available on every January 1st. Parents are encouraged to complete their tax return before the April 15th deadline.
- Use the Data Retrieval Tool to populate your tax return information. This will decrease the chances of being selected for the verification process.
- Read your Student Aid Report (SAR) when received from the Federal Processor.
- When the Financial Aid Office receives your Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) information is available by way of your Banner Web Account. You are expected to access your Banner Web Account, check your status, and take appropriate action if selected for the “verification” process.
- Write your name and FVSU ID Number on each document you send to the Financial Aid Office (FAO). We may not be able to identify your documents if you fail to affix your name and FVSU ID Number on each document you submit to our office.
- You must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to receive financial aid assistance at Fort Valley State University. All students are strongly encouraged to read and understand the University’s policy governing SAP.
- If applying for summer aid, you may need to complete two FAFSA applications and the FVSU Financial Aid Office Summer Application (Documents and Forms). Example: If attending Summer 2015, you must complete both the 2014-2015 FAFSA which covers Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2015, the 2015-2016 FAFSA which covers Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016, and the FAO Summer Application.
- If you are eligible for the HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship and wish to apply, please refer to www.GACollege411.org for application details. NOTE: If you were not eligible for HOPE after completing high school or have transferred to Fort Valley State University and believe that you are eligible to receive the HOPE or Zell Miller scholarship, you must submit a HOPE Evaluation Form to the Office of Financial Aid for review.
- Read your email daily, check Banner Web regularly, and save all financial aid documents.
- If your enrollment status changes at FVSU at anytime, please refer to our Return to Title IV Policy.
Thank you for selecting Fort Valley State University as your institution of higher learning. Again, the Financial Aid Staff and I are committed to providing you with prompt, efficient, and courteous service. We value you as a student and trust that you will excel academically while attending Fort Valley State University.
Cynthia Parks, Director
Title IV School Code: 001566