Welcome to Greek Life at FVSU
Membership in all Greek letter organizations is open to all regularly enrolled students of Fort Valley State University who meet the academic and University requirements of the organization. No person, due to race, color, national origin, or gender shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination with respect to membership in a Greek letter organization or in any program or activity sponsored by the organizations. Unless the organization is Title IX exempt.
All Fort Valley State University students must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for membership in a Greek Letter Organization:
- Each prospective member must be enrolled as full-time status during the semester in which he or she is seeking to participate in membership intake.
- Each prospective member shall be eligible for membership into a Greek-letter organization upon the successful completion of thirty (30) earned semester credit hours towards their first baccalaureate degree and establish two semesters of residence at Fort Valley State University prior to seeking membership intake.
- Each prospective member must hold the 2.70 minimum institutional grade point average at the time of application for membership. If membership is granted by the organization, a 2.70 GPA is required to maintain active status at the campus.
- Students enrolled in Learning Support courses are not eligible to participate in membership intake. Each prospective member must have successfully completed all Learning Support requirements and earned twelve semester credit hours of non-learning support courses prior to seeking membership intake.
- Transfer students, in addition to the aforementioned requirements, must have earned fifteen (15) semester hours toward their first baccalaureate degree at Fort Valley State University. Transfer students must also hold a grade point average of 2.70, both institutional (FVSU) and cumulative grade point average.
- Each student must be in good standing (academic, disciplinary and financial).
- Attend a Greek Life Perspective Seminar the semester preceding the semester seeking membership intake into a Greek Letter Organization.
University requirements for membership into a Greek Letter Organization will be verified through the Membership Intake Clearinghouse managed by the Office of Campus Life. University clearance does not automatically clear students to become eligible for membership in Greek Letter Organizations; additional requirements include membership qualifications outlined by the specific organization.