The mission of the Office of Information Technology is to provide technical, operational and functional support that encourages efficiency, improves decision-making and increases productivity. As a support unit of the University that touches all of the campus’ administrative, business and educational areas from the Office of the President to Plant Operations and into the classrooms, the Office of Information Technology is crucial to the incorporation and utilization of technology on campus.
Specifically, the Office of Information Technology has engaged in active support of the University on a basic, technical level, but the focus and scope is shifting to include technologies that stress business alignment in addition to everyday technical needs. It is imperative that IT align its forces and resources to those of the business of ‘learning’ and ‘educating’ at FVSU, to ensure that FVSU faculty, administrators and staff have access to and been exposed to the most appropriate technical and applied technological tools.The office also provides guidance in the selection, purchase, and use of information technologies that represent the cutting edge in automated and integrated instructional and administrative support systems.
Students should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to submit requests.
Faculty and Staff Needs
The staff is available to answer any questions you may have concerning services offered by this area. To submit a request for services ticket to our Helpdesk, please use our IT Online Helpdesk System (your access will require authentication). This Helpdesk system is available to only FVSU employees. After you submit your ticket, you will receive periodic email notices of the progress being made toward its resolution.
Help Desk Hours
- Hunt Library – 8:00am to 5:00pm
- CTM Lab 101 – 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Computer Lab Hours
- Hunt Library – Open 24 Hours
- CTM Lab 101 – 8:00am to 11:00pm
- V. Clark – email@example.com – Banner DBA/Administrative Applications Support
- Kendale Frederick – firstname.lastname@example.org – Information Security Officer
- Amanda Glover – email@example.com – Distance Learning Technology Support
- Ken Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org – Network Administrator
- Ronald Smalling – email@example.com – Network Support Specialist
- Steve Register – firstname.lastname@example.org – Webmaster
- Kimecia Oliver – email@example.com – PC Support Manager
- Tabitha Taylor – firstname.lastname@example.org – PC Support Specialist
- Wycliffe Jackson – email@example.com – PC Support Specialist
- Corletta White – firstname.lastname@example.org – Telecommunications Coordinator
- Brianna Reid – email@example.com – Help Desk Support
- Richea Bess – firstname.lastname@example.org – Help Desk Support
- Susie Smith – email@example.com – Computer Lab Assistant