The Fort Valley State University (FVSU) Legal Affairs and Risk Management (LARM) Unit within the Office of the President, is dedicated to providing advice and assistance to FVSU administrators, faculty, staff and students regarding risk management that may impact the university.
Under the auspices of LARM, employees from Human Resources, Compliance, Legal Affairs, Internal Audit, Environmental Health and Safety, and Campus Safety represent the Legal Affairs and Risk Management Team.
The goals of this team are to assess and minimize risk, to develop strategies to assist the University in achieving its strategic plan and fulfilling its core mission and to ensure compliance with federal, state, University System of Georgia Board of Regents and FVSU laws, policies and procedures. The Legal Affairs and Risk Management team is composed of the following individuals:
- Legal Affairs – Kendall Isaac, Chief of Staff & University Counsel
- Compliance – Patrice Terrell, Director of Contracts & Compliance
- Internal Audit – Vacant, Director of Internal Audit
- Environmental Health & Safety – Vacant, Director of EHS, Transportation & Risk Mgt.
- Campus Safety – Chief Ken Morgan, Director of Campus Safety
- Enterprise Risk Management Committee