The Fort Valley State University (FVSU) Legal Affairs and Risk Management (LARM) team, within the Office of the President, is dedicated to providing advice and assistance to FVSU administrators, faculty, staff and students regarding risk management that may impact the university.
The goals of this team are to assess and minimize risk, to develop strategies to assist the University in achieving its strategic plan and fulfilling its core mission and to ensure compliance with federal, state, University System of Georgia Board of Regents and FVSU laws, policies and procedures. The Legal Affairs and Risk Management team is composed of individuals working in the following roles:
- Position Vacant-Legal Affairs –, Chief of Staff & University Counsel
- Compliance – Patrice Terrell, Director of Contracts & Compliance
- Environmental Health & Safety –Derrius M. Butler, Director of Risk Management, Safety and Transportation
- Campus Safety – Kenneth Morgan, Director of Emergency Management
- Enterprise Risk Management Committee