About the Lomax-Porter Golf Tournament
Middle Georgia golf enthusiasts will tee off during a tournament fundraiser that supports Fort Valley State University’s football program. The eighth annual Lomax-Porter Golf Tournament takes place on June 10, 2017 at the Cherokee Pines Golf and Fitness Club in Perry, GA. The annual event is a major fundraiser for Wildcats football and is held in honor of legendary FVSU coaches, Leon J. “Stan” Lomax and Douglas “Doug” Porter. On the fairway, golfers will compete for cash prizes and bragging rights.
Hosted by Fort Valley State University’s Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, the Growl Club and Wildcat Nation, the tournament format is four person team scramble with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and the first, second and third place winners will receive cash prizes. Lomax, a 2009 FVSU Sports Hall of Fame and 2011 Georgia Sports Hall of Fame inductee, and Porter, a 2008 Hall of Fame inductee, will serve as tournament directors.
To purchase tickets, contact the FVSU Foundation, Inc, (478)825-6474.
Please contact the FVSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, (478) 825-6669, if you have questions.
Tickets are $75 per person or $300 per team.
To support the event, visit the FVSU Foundation, Inc., 1005 State University Drive, Fort Valley, Ga. 31030-4313 or call (478) 825-6474.
Download the 2017 brochure by clicking here.
View pictures from the 2016 tournament.
Click link for direction to Cherokee Pines Golf and Fitness Club, 1000 N Davis Dr, Perry, GA 31069
- Platinum Corporate Sponsor: $5,000 (Lomax-Porter Golf Tournament Official Plaque, Company Logo featured on Athletics Website, Banner at Wildcat Stadium, Hole Signage,Four Teams, 10 Fountain City Classic Tickets, Four Golf Tournament Gift Bag and Four Reserved Parking Spaces during 2017 Football Season)
- Title Sponsor: $2,500 (Banner at Wildcat Stadium, Hole Signage, Two Teams, 10 Fountain City Classic Tickets, Four Lomax-Porter Golf Tournament Gift Bag
and Three Reserved Parking Spaces During 2017 Football Season)
- Contributing Sponsor: $1,500 (Banner at Wildcat Stadium, Hole Signage, Seven Fountain City Classic Tickets,
Lomax-Porter Golf Tournament Gift Bag and One Team)
- Sponsor: $500 (Hole Signage, Five Fountain City Classic Tickets and One Team)
- Hole Sponsor: $250 (Hole Signage)
Prizes and Awards
First Place: $100 Cash Prize • Eight Fountain City Classic Tickets
Second Place: $75 Cash Prize • Six Fountain City Classic Tickets
Third Place: $50 Cash Prize • Four Fountain City Classic Tickets
Award: Putting Challenge • Longest Drive • Closest to the Pin
Contact the Fort Valley State University Foundation, Inc. at (478) 825-6474.
Please make your gift payable to the FVSU Foundation, Inc., earmarked for the Football Unrestricted.
Fort Valley State University Foundation, Inc.
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030