Online Education Overview
Hello and welcome to FVSU!
It is possible that you may enroll in a class that uses online course materials, such as the syllabus, calendar, quizzes, or supplementary reading and visuals. Or, especially if you are a non-traditional student (someone who cannot always come to campus due to job or family responsibilities or different needs), you may take a class that is fully online or meets on campus once a week.
If you have been admitted and have paid your fees, you may enter into your online courses on first day of class. Here is how to log in:
- The D2L username is the same as your FVSU email ID before the “@” sign. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org would be jsmith1 for the D2L user name.
- Your password is the same as your PIN Number for accessing Banner Web.
- If you do not have your FVSU Student Email account, you can retrieve it from Banner Web under the Personal Information Link. If you do not have your Banner Pin, then you can retrieve it also from Banner Web (forgot password).
Once you have retrieved your user ID and password, you can go to fvsu.view.usg.edu to log in to your FVSU Online D2L courses.
If your password is still not working; please click the “Forgot Password” Link and you will receive a password reset link in your student email.
- PLEASE NOTE: You may contact The D2L Help Center to have your password reset at toll free: 1-855-772-0423 or contact them online via d2lhelp.view.usg.edu.
PLEASE NOTE: You may contact The D2L Help Center to have your password reset at toll free: 1-855-772-0423 or contact them online via https://d2lhelp.view.usg.edu.
If you are taking a class that is fully online or meets on campus once a week or less, your success will depend on meeting the technical requirements and having some technical abilities.
Here is a list of requirements:
- A PC running Windows 2000 or higher (preferably XP or higher, or an iMac, PowerMac, or PowerPC running OS 8.1 or higher.
- A Sound card with speakers or headphones (required) and microphone (recommended).
- Internet Access (required). If using a dial-up connection, at least a 56k modem is recommended.
- A Java-enabled Web browser: Netscape 4.x, Internet Explorer 5.0, or newer versions of either (required). (Internet Service providers with proprietary browsers, such as Prodigy, or some versions of AOL, may have difficulty with some Java based activities. Consult your Internet Service Provider for details.)
- An e-mail program and word processing software.
- Virus protection software.
- A printer (highly recommended).
- Access to a scanner or fax machine may be required for some courses.
We wish you success in your studies at the Fort Valley State University this year!
Anna R. Holloway, Dean of Graduate Studies and Extended Education and Professor of English
Office: (478) 825-6338
Karen Watson, Director of Online Instruction and Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Office: (478) 825-6338
Mr. Ashley Ballard, Director of Distance Education and Adult Learning
Office: (478) 953-3911
Amanda D. Glover, Distance Learning Technical Support
Office: (478) 825-6228
Recently enacted federal regulations requiring enforcement of state laws regarding the delivery of distance education degrees, programs and courses to students whose physical presence is in a state other than Georgia may limit Fort Valley State University’s ability to offer online opportunities to these students. If you wish to enroll in one of our online offerings and are located in a state other than Georgia, please inquire before enrolling to determine if we have acquired permission to offer online courses in your state. You may email your inquiry to email@example.com. (Please note that this email address is exclusively for questions regarding state approval of online offerings. Other types of inquiries should be sent to the academic department offering the online courses).