Fort Valley State University has a “No-Show and Attendance Verification” procedure. This procedure is to comply with Federal Financial Aid regulations. Financial Aid recipients at Fort Valley State University may become ineligible for funds by not attending at least one class session (per enrolled course). Students who do not attend at least one class session are NOT entitled to keep their financial aid award. The established no-show and attendance verification procedure will enable Fort Valley State University to adjust financial aid awards before funds are issued to students (thereby eliminating liability for both the University and the student). A student reported as a no-show in a course may obtain an “Attendance Verification Form” from the Office of the Registrar in order to be re-instated. The Registrar will notify the students and faculty when the attendance verification process has opened. Faculty members should only sign the form if the student has attended at least one class session. Students have two days to be re-instated once the Attendance Verification period has opened.
Attendance Verification The process to be re-instated for a no-show course for Fall 2017:
- Secure the Attendance Verification Form, for Fall 2017 online (online) starting Monday, August 28th and ending Tuesday August 29th.
- Have the instructor that reported you as non-attending sign where indicated to verify attendance (form will not be processed without the proper signatures).
- Return the completed form to the Office of the Registrar (FVSU), Troup Administration Building, Suite 134 by 5:00p.m. Tuesday August 29th (forms received after Tuesday August 29th will not be processed).
- Fully online undergraduate students must contact Mrs. Jocelyn Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-822-1315 for assistance.
- Graduate students must contact Ms. Tammie White at email@example.com or 478-953-7423 for assistance.
- A student enrolled for an eCore/eMajor course and reported as non-attending must follow the instructions provided by the eCore Registrar.
- Please note that if you are not reinstated in your course by Tuesday, August 29th, you may be subject to a reduction in your financial aid award, which may cause an outstanding balance.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar at Registrar1@fvsu.edu