Residential Life

Residential Life


Spring 2018 Term

  • January 4, 2018- University Housing opens at 8:00am for New Students
  • January 4, 2018- Meal Plans start at 12:00pm (Noon)
  • January 5, 2018- University Housing opens for Returning/Re-Admit Students at 8:00am
  • January 8, 2018- Classes start
  • January 8, 2018- Last day for housing cancellations and meal plan changes

Spring 2018 Registration

  • New Students with a housing assignment can check into their rooms beginning January 4th between 8:00am – 6:00pm. Students must have a zero balance or must be cleared through the Cashier’s Office. If you are unsure if you are cleared, then please contact the Cashier’s Office or arrive during the hours of Registration.
  • Continuing Students with a housing assignment and are “Paid in Full” or have been cleared through the Cashier’s Office can check into their rooms beginning January 5, 2018 from 8:00am – 6:00pm. If you are unsure if you are cleared to move-in, then please contact the Cashier’s Office or arrive during the hours of Registration.
  • Students who are not cleared must report to the Pettigrew Center during the hours of Registration to receive assistance with obtaining a housing assignment and/or to be cleared to move into University Housing.
  • Students who are not “Paid in Full” will not be allowed to move into University Housing this weekend. You will be required to report on Monday, January 8, 2018. It is important that you verify if you are cleared to move into University Housing through the Cashier’s Office prior to your arrival this weekend.
  • Regular Registration is from 8:15am – 6:00pm, January 4th and January 5th.
  • Late Registration starts on January 8, 2018.

Check-in is from 8:00am – 6:00pm daily.


Welcome to Residential Life at Fort Valley State University where residential living is a significant part of the college experience, Living on campus provides you access to a variety of resources that will enhance your opportunity for academic success while empowering you with independence and responsibility in a supportive environment.
  • Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
  • Location: Wildcat Commons Clubhouse

Mailing Address:
Office of Housing & Residential Life
Wildcat Commons Clubhouse
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030

Phone: (478) 825-6100
Fax: (478) 825-6149

Living On Campus

Residential Halls

Wildcat Commons

Experience the Ultimate Living Experience at FVSU!

On-campus living at Fort Valley University provides the ultimate in convenience to enhance your college experience.

The Wildcat Commons community comes complete with modern clubhouse, which includes a Slice of Life Pizza Takeout and recreation center.

The Commons come complete with awesome amenities:

  • Furniture Package
  • High Speed and Wireless Internet Access
  • Telephone Line (Student must contact AT&T for service)
  • Computer lab in each Wildcat Commons facility
  • Laundry Facilities
  • Cable TV
  • Individual Leases
  • Recreation/Gaming Center

Apply for Housing

On-Campus Residency Requirements:

  • All full-time students, under the age of 21, who have earned fewer than 60 hours of academic credit must live on-campus and subscribe to an applicable dining requirement.
  • Student must be 21 by the first day of classes.
  • Students enrolled in full-time on-line classes and those who reside at the legal permanent address of their parents/guardians and live within the following counties Peach, Houston, Bibb, Macon, Crawford, or Taylor are exempt from this policy with parental/guardian approval.

*Students may apply for an exemption to this policy provided they meet certain established criteria. All required documentation must be submitted before review of exemption will begin.*

FVSU Housing Application is Now Online!

Admitted students can access the housing portal (StarRez) through their BannerWeb Account.

Log on to MyFVSU >>>> (Click Here ) and follow steps below

  1. Choose Student Services
  2. Choose FVSU Campus Housing (bottom of page)
  3. Choose FVSU *StarRez* Housing System Portal Link

The online application starts with a Welcome and then you’ll choose “application” in the top left corner

Room Charges and Fees

FALL 2017 – SPRING 2018

Please Note:

You must be fully accepted into the university before applying for housing. Students can reserve their room assignment through the online housing portal (StarRez) after they have registered for classes and submitted the $200.00 non-refundable room reservation.
Room and Board charges reflect projected estimated cost. All fees are subject to change per final approval by the Georgia Board of Regents on or before July 1st of each year. Fort Valley State University and the Georgia Board of Regents reserve the right to charge rates listed here-in or to add new fees whenever such increase or additions become necessary. Room and board fees are assessed separately each semester.

Wildcat Commons

Wildcat Commons #1 Co-Ed: UPPERCLASSMEN
Wildcat Commons #2 Co-Ed: UPPERCLASSMEN

4-bedroom, 2-bath apartments ($2,938 per semester)
2-bedroom, 2-bath apartments ($3,353 per semester)

Wildcat Commons #4 Co-Ed: FRESHMEN
Wildcat Commons #6 FEMALES: FRESHMEN
Wildcat Commons #7 MALES: FRESHMEN

4-bedroom, 2-bath suites, living room and kitchenette ($2,620 per semester)
4-bedroom, 2-bath semi-suites, kitchenette ($2,446 per semester)
3-bedroom, 1-bath semi-suites, kitchenette ($2,270 per semester)

Meal Plans

Students residing in WC#1 and WC#2 Apartments have the option to choose between Wildcat BlueWildcat SilverWildcat Gold, and Wildcat Platinum meal plans.

Students residing in WC#3-WC#7 Suites and Semi-suites have the option to choose between Wildcat SilverWildcat Gold, and Wildcat Platinum meal plans.

Requests for an alternate meal plan are to be recommended by the Office of the VP for Student Success and approved by the VP for Business and Finance. The meal plan adjustment will be made to the student’s account by the Office of Residential Life upon approval.

Student residing off-campus may obtain approval for any meal plan by the VP for Business and Finance. The meal plan adjustment will be made on the student’s account by the Office of Residential Life upon approval.


Meal Plan Prices Per Semester:

Wildcat Blue- $1,236 plus $100 (Only for students assigned to WC 1 and WC 2)
Students will be allowed to eat 2 meals per day and $100 in Wildcat Cash per semester.

Wildcat Silver – $1,772 plus $150:
Unlimited access to the all-you-care-to-eat dining in the Food Service Center during operating hours, seven days a week and $150 in Wildcat Cash per semester.

Wildcat Gold – $1,819 plus $200:
Same privileges as Silver and $200 in Wildcat Cash per semester.

Wildcat Platinum $1,856 plus $250
Same privileges as Silver and $250 in Wildcat Cash per semester.

Commuter Meals (Off Campus Students Only)

Block 75: Any 75 Meals – $386

Block 50: Any 50 Meals – $289

Block 25: Any 25 Meals – $162

Frequently Asked Questions

Are students required to live on campus?

Freshman and sophomores (59 hours or less) who do not have a legal parental address within the following counties Peach, Houston, Bibb, Macon, Crawford, or Taylor are required to live on campus.

When can I apply for housing?

No student can apply for housing until he/she has been fully admitted to the University; please check the website, student email, and residence hall memos for dates on early housing renewal and deadlines.

How can I pay my application fee?

Students applying for housing by mail may send a check (no starter checks) or money order(made payable to Fort Valley State University); Students may pay online using a Visa/MasterCard or Pay by Check by logging into their banner web account. Students may pay for their housing in the Cashier’s Office of the C.V. Troup Administration Building using cash, check, money order, or Visa/MasterCard. Students cannot pay the application fee by phone. For further information refer to the Cashier’s Office web link.

How will I know when my housing application & fee has been received?

Students will receive a confirmation letter from the Office of Residential Life 7 to 10 days of receiving a complete housing application; students can also log into their banner web account to check for processing of the application fee if sent by mail.

What is a complete application?

A housing application is not complete until you have filled it out in its entirely and correctly and have paid the housing application fee.

When and how will I be notified about my housing assignment?

Housing information and room assignments will be mailed to the students. There is no cutoff date to submit a housing application and room reservation fee, but July 1st of each year is the Priority Deadline for submitting housing applications. Submitting prior to July 1st will better assist you in getting the room of your choice, as well as your requested roommate.

How do I request a roommate?

To request a roommate, students must complete the roommate section of the housing application. Please read all guidelines to roommate requests.

How and when can I request a room change?

After the first day of classes, students must see the Housing Assignment Manager and their RLC to change room assignments. There is a fee to change room assignments.

How do I get on the waiting list for Wildcat Commons?

Once you apply for housing & pay your non-refundable housing application fee you’re automatically on the waiting list for Wildcat Commons. The waiting list will go in order of receipt number and the Housing Assignment Manager will contact you if space becomes available.

Do FVSU have Family or Off Campus Housing?

No, FVSU does not provide housing Family or Off Campus Housing.t.

What if I have a housing request based on medical needs?

Students with medical conditions will need to state it on the housing application, attach documentation, and contact the Center for Retention Services.

Do the halls remain open during holidays and breaks?

The Residence Halls are closed doing holidays and breaks such as (Fall/Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break).

How do I insure my personal belongings?

Residential Life provides informational pamphlets on Theft, Fire, Natural Disasters & Accidental Damage Insurance to students. Pamphlets are located in Wildcat Commons Clubhouse or visit

What if I don’t get along with my roommate?

If you are having trouble with your roommate, you will need to speak with your RLC to solve the problem.

How do I terminate my Housing Lease Agreement?

To cancel your housing lease agreement, please complete the housing cancellation form and return it to the Office of Residential Life. Please read your lease agreement for cancellation policy and fees.

What happens if I lose my key?

If you lose your key, you will need to see Key Personnel in Wildcat Commons Clubhouse as soon as possible to cancel your key and purchase another key.

I’ve lost or damaged my Student ID card. How do I get a replacement?

Replacement ID cards are issued in Card Services for a fee of $25 dollars.

Who do I contact to change my personal information such as address & phone numbers?

Students can log into their banner web account to change or update any personal information or contact the Registrar’s Office at 478-825-6282.

Are pets allowed in the residence halls?

No pets are allowed in the Residence Halls at any time.

Are there laundry facilities on campus?

Yes, there are laundry facilities located in each Residence Hall.

Does FVSU have maintenance and custodial services?

Yes, in order to request maintenance work students must submit a Work Order Form to the RLC of their building; the custodial staff is responsible for cleaning the Residence Halls but not the student’s room. All students must clean their own room.

If I become sick and need a doctor what should I do?

The University provides health services to students during regular business hours (M-F, 8a-5p).
During non-operational hours or official holidays:

On campus students: Contact your Resident Assistant or the on-duty Residence Life Staff Member.

All Others Students: Contact Campus Safety at 825-6211 or the Emergency Room at Peach Regional Medical Center at 825-8691.

*We recommend that you check with your health insurance provider to ensure that your health insurance is accepted at the medical facility you choose to visit otherwise you may be required to pay up front. If you have questions refer to the Health Services web link or contact Health Services Center at 478-825-6278.

Who do I contact about New Student Orientation?

For questions about Orientation, please visit the Orientation web link or contact Campus Life (478-825-6290).

How do I schedule a tour of the campus?

To schedule a tour of the University, refer to the Office of Admissions/Recruitment web link or contact the office at (478-825-6203/6307). Campus tours are conducted Monday through Thursday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. All other dates and times must be arranged on a case-by-case basis with the Admissions Office tour coordinator. The tours last about one hour.

Where Do I Receive My Mail?

Students requesting postal service will need to visit the Postal Service web link or contact the FVSU Postal Office (478-825-6311) in the Lottie B. Lyons Student Center Monday-Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..

Should I Bring My Car? How Do I Obtain A Parking Permit?

New students are allowed to bring their car, however, parking space on campus is extremely limited, requires a parking permit, and is strictly enforced. For more information about campus parking permits contact FVSU Campus Safety 478-825-6211.

How Do I Get Around Campus, To Town and Elsewhere?

FVSU has Wildcat Transportation available to faculty, staff, & students. Four spacious 24-passenger buses will take riders to downtown destinations and Harvey’s Supermarket – at no cost. An employee or student identification card is required. The shuttle service runs every thirty minutes from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

The buses have several pick up locations:

  • Stadium Parking Lot 8:15 a.m.
  • Wildcat Commons Clubhouse 8:20 a.m.
  • Carnegie Hall 8:25 a.m.
  • Evans Building 8:30 a.m.
  • Harvey’s Supermarket 8:38 a.m.
  • Lottie Lyons Student Center 8:45 a.m.

For more information about shuttle services, contact Auxiliary Services at 478-825-6532.

Residential Life Staff Directory

Shawn Modena, Director of Residential Life
Office: (478) 825-6100

Leon Perry, Associate Director of Residential Life
Office: (478) 825-6100

Jackie Jolly, Housing Assignment Manager
Office: (478) 827-3962

Jewel Daniely, Main Office Manager
Office: (478) 825-6100

Ronnie Scott, Key Shop
Office: (478) 825-6941

Della Brown, Wildcat Commons 1 RLC
Office: (478) 827-3108

Sandra McGhee, Wildcat Commons 2 Part-Time Day Manager
Office: (478) 827-3109

Jamie Rumph, Wildcat Commons Part-Time Day Manager
Office: (478) 825-5210

Josie Latimore, Wildcat Commons 3 RLC
Office: (478) 827-3825

Dorothy Adam-Brown, Wildcat Commons 4 Part-Time Day Manager
Office: (478) 827-3774

Tiffany Tillman, Wildcat Commons 5 RLC
Office: (478) 827-3723

Helen Barnes-Ross, Wildcat Commons 6 RLC
Office: (478) 825-5210

Gerry Jefferson, Wildcat Commons 7 RLC
Office: (478) 825-1801

Safety and Security

  • Professional and student staff live in each facility
  • 24 hour desk coverage
  • Card Access
  • Video Surveillance (Monitored by Campus Safety)
  • Campus Police & Safety provides 24-hour patrol and dispatcher services with access to other local emergency services. Please call 478-825-6211 for any services provided by Campus Police and Safety

Employment Opportunites

If you are interested in applying or reapplying for Resident Assistant (RA) Position for 2017-2018 please contact Mr. Lanson Twyner in Wildcat Commons 5 at 478-827-3723.