Ramana M. Gosukonda, Ph.D.
- College: College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology
- Department: Agricultural Sciences Academic Department
- Title: Associate Professor
Doctor of Philosophy: Plant and Soil Science, Alabama A&M University, Normal, AL (1998)
Dissertation Title: Development of an in vitro plant regeneration protocol for genetic transformation of Populus deltoids
Master of Science: Computer Science – Alabama A&M University, AL (2000)
Master of Science: Plant and Soil Science – Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL (1994) Thesis Title: In vitro morphogenesis of sweetpotato plants
Master of Science: Botany – Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India (1989)
Bachelor of Education: Teaching skills for science curriculum – Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India. (1990)
Bachelor of Science: Botany, Zoology, Chemistry – Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India. (1986)
2014-Present: Associate Professor of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Agricultural Sciences, Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
2009-2014: Associate Professor of Computer of Science, Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
2001-2008: Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
1999-2001: Research Associate, Plant Biotechnology, Agricultural Research Station, Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
Research efforts have been focused on bioinformatics, applied artificial neural networks, applied biotechnology, curriculum design, and pedagogy. Other research interests include development of instructional/research tools using latest technologies.
- Ramana Gosukonda, Ajit K. Mahapatra, Xuanli Liu, and Govind Kannan. 2015. Application of artificial neural network to predict Escherichia coli O157:H7 inactivation on beef surfaces. Food Control 47: 606-614.
- Xiangyan Zeng, Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Sanjeev Arora, Nabil Yousif, Ramana M. Gosukonda, and Dawit Aberra. 2013: Illumination and Rotation Invariant Texture Representation. The Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition (Vol. II).
- Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Sanjeev Arora, Ramana M. Gosukonda, and Nabil Yousif. 2011. Engaging Computer Science Students in Electromechanical Engineering Projects, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Vancouver, Canada, June 26-29, 2011.
- Systems Bioinformatics, Stanford, CA. August 8-12, pages 187-188.
- Ramana M. Gosukonda, Ajit K. Mahapatra, and Xuanli Liu. 2013. Application of Artificial Neural Networks for Predicting Escherichia coli O157:H7 Reduction on Beef Surfaces. ACM Mid-Southeastern Conference, Gatlinburg, TN. November 14-15, 2013.
- Xiangyan Zeng, Masoud Naghedolfeizi,, Nabil Yousif, and Ramana M. Gosukonda. 2012. Illumination and Rotation Invariant Texture Segmentation. 2012 IACSIT Singapore Conferences. Co -sponsored by 4th International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing, Singapore October 6-7, 2012.
- Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Ramana M. Gosukonda, and Nabil Yousif. 2012. Application of Computing Neural Networks to Forecasting Service Life Estimation of Plant Components. ACM-Mid-Southeast Chapter Gatlinburg, TN Nov. 15-16 , 2012.
- Nabil Yousif, Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Xiangyan Zeng, and Ramana M. Gosukonda. 2011. Developing a Pre-Assessment Instrument to Measure Readiness of Students in a Data Structures Course. ACM-Mid-Southeast Chapter Gatlinburg, TN Nov. 10-11, 2011.