Cooperative Extension Program – Randolph County, Cuthbert, Georgia
The College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology at Fort Valley State University is seeking applications for a creative, committed individual to fill a new position, Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) County-based Extension Agent, to serve all areas of Randolph County including Cuthbert, Coleman, Shellman, Springvale and Benevolence, Georgia. The FCS Extension Agent has primary responsibility for planning, executing, and evaluating effective family and consumer sciences education programs that meet the needs of residents of Randolph County.
This position requires some night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings.
• Develop and deliver objective and research-based educational programs in nutrition/wellness, family financial education, family & human development, housing and other related areas to meet the needs of diverse audiences.
• Utilize the expertise of and work closely with advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs.
• Develop and conduct relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on locally-identified critical issues.
• Collaborate with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs.
• Utilize current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching.
• Demonstrate personal interest and involvement in the community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders.
– Bachelor’s Degree in family & consumer sciences, human sciences, nutrition or a closely related academic area
– Knowledge or experience of Family and Consumer Sciences is preferred
– Effective oral and written communication skills
– Strong planning, organizational, and self-motivation skills and be proactive
– Ability to accept responsibilities and work independently
– Valid driver’s license
– Computer Microsoft office and data management skills
Interested persons should submit an FVSU employment application, letter of interest, resume, official transcript(s), three (3) professional reference letters and a background investigation consent form to:
Office of Human Resources
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313