CDEP awards dual-degree scholarships to talented students.
Apply for CDEP scholarships HERE.
To be considered for a competitive-based CDEP scholarship, students must meet the criteria below:
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS (Competitive)
- 3.5 GPA or above
- Official high school transcript (1st-semester grades from 12th grade must be included on transcript)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Combined math and critical reading SAT score of 1170 (minimum 570 math) or an equivalent composite score of 26 on the ACT
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – www.fafsa.ed.gov
Note: FVSU’s Federal School Code, 001566, should be listed in section 8
- Complete the Fort Valley State University Application for Admission
- Georgia students must also complete the HOPE Application
In addition to completing the FAFSA, applicants must apply and be accepted into FVSU to be considered for a CDEP scholarship.
These scholarships cover tuition, fees, room and board, and a supplemental book stipend. For Georgia students only, scholarships are coordinated with the HOPE Scholarship, and tuition is paid by HOPE. Non-Georgia students’ tuition is paid directly by CDEP.
The scholarships cover the cost of matriculation at Fort Valley State University (3 years), then students transfer to a partnering university for 2 or 3 years.