Accreditation and Memberships
Fort Valley State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and education specialist degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Fort Valley State University.
Other university degree programs which are accredited by discipline associations are:
- The Veterinary Science Technology Program, accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- The Family and Consumer Sciences Program, accredited by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Head Start programs are accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Development Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- The Child Development programs, accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Development Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- The Bachelor of Science Program in Electronic Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), Inc. (www.abet.org; 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201; (410) 347-7700)
- The Rehabilitation Counseling & Case Management Program, accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE)
- The College of Education, accredited by National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- The Public Health (M.P.H.) in Environmental Health Program, accredited by the Environmental Health Accreditation Council (EHAC)
- The Bachelor’s in Social Work Program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
The University also maintains the following memberships:
American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
American Association of State Colleges and Universities
American Council on Education
American Association for Higher Education
American Dietetics Association
American Library Association
American Counseling Association
Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (A.C.B.S.P.)
Association for the Study of African American Life and History, Inc.
Association of Administrators of Home Economics
Association of American Colleges
College Entrance Examination Board
College Placement Council, Inc.
Committee for the Humanities
Conference on College Composition and Communication
Conference of Southern Graduate Schools
Council of 1890 College Presidents
Council of Historically Black Graduate Schools
Georgia Library Association
National Association of Campus Activities
National Association of College Deans, Registrars and Admission Officers
National Association of College and University Business Officers
National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
National Association of Remedial Learning Support Services in Post-Secondary Education
National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges
National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, Inc.
National Collegiate Athletic Association
National Council for Black Studies, Inc.
National Education Association
Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association
Southern Regional Library Association
The Georgia Consortium, Inc.