International Student Admissions
Grow your unique talents through study, research,
Send application materials and fees to:
Office of Admissions
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, Georgia 31030, U.S.A.
STEPS TO APPLY
- Download and complete the International Student Application.
- Return application and a $75.00 nonrefundable application fee.
- Have transcripts sent to FVSU from all high schools and colleges (secondary and post secondary institutions) attended.
- Send copies of diplomas, leaving certificates, examination certificates, and degrees earned to FVSU.
Applicants who have graduated from a non-US accredited high school and/or college should contact a NACES.org evaluator or Lisano International for a professional evaluation. Please request a document-by-document evaluation which must include a GPA calculation for high school transcripts and a course-by-course by course evaluation for college credentials).
If your first language is English,
Also submit SAT/ACT scores. Minimum scores:
• SAT: 520 (ERW)/ 520 (Math)
• ACT: 20 (Reading or English) /20 (Math)
If your first language is not English,
Submit score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless the English requirement has been completed at an accredited U. S. institution.
Minimum TOEFL scores:
• Internet based exam- 72
• Computer based exam- 203
• Paper based exam- 537
If you plan to participate in NCAA athletics,
(and have not received eligibility clearance from the NCAA):
• SAT or ACT scores
• Educational History Form
If you have been an international student at another college in the U.S.A.,
• Transfer Verification Form
• Current Visa
• I-94 card
• ID page from passport.
Note: U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service (INS) Form I-20 AB will be issued only after the following original documents are in the applicant’s file and the applicant has been admitted to Fort Valley State University:
- CONFIDENTIAL FINANCIAL STATEMENT that sufficient funds are available to finance the planned course of study without causing undue hardship on the student;
- OFFICIAL BANK STATEMENT OR LETTER that stipulates the amount of money on reserve for tuition, fees and living accommodations to matriculate in a four-year undergraduate program in the United States;
- IF AN FVSU SCHOLARSHIP STUDENT, THE STUDENT’S OFFICIAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD LETTER AND / OR GRANT-IN-AID FORM WITH SPECIFIC DOLLAR AMOUNT AWARDED;
- IF A GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED STUDENT, OFFICIAL SPONSORSHIP CERTIFICATION;
- IF AN ATHLETE, NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE CERTIFICATION (Since originals take two weeks to arrive, faxed copies are acceptable).
- IMMUNIZATION FORM
- HEALTH EXAMINATION FORM
- U.S. Federal law explicitly requires all items in BOLD (and implicitly requires all items not in bold) to be in the applicant’s file prior to issuance of the I-20.
For frequently asked questions, visit
International Admissions Application:
International Student Forms:
International Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan: