Fort Valley State University, founded in 1895, is an HBCU and 1890 Land-Grant institution providing excellent academic programs that integrate quality instruction, research, extension, and student learning experiences responsive to the needs of a culturally and economically diverse student population equipped to excel in the 21st-century global community.
Fort Valley State University aspires to be the University of choice for students, faculty, staff, and future employers, recognized nationally and internationally for its excellence in teaching, research, service, exemplary academic programs, and globally competitive students.
- Intellectual Excellence: FVSU is committed to the highest standards of excellence by creating stimulating learning environments that promote intellectual growth, innovation, and discovery, and life-long learning.
- Student-Centered: Our top priority is students and providing them with an enriching, stimulating, and supportive environment.
- Diversity: We respect all people, cultures, ideas, beliefs, lifestyles, and perspectives.
- Integrity and Collegiality: We hold everyone accountable for their actions and engaging in honest, ethical behavior.
- Engagement: We serve as an important strategic partner and resource by promoting educational attainment, cultural enrichment, and economic development.