Fort Valley State University’s Science Learning Community (SLC) was created to encourage a common learning opportunity among science majors, building peer support during the first year of college. Students will collaborate with faculty to master material or discuss ideas presented in class. Students work together outside of class and attend SLC events designed to provide a common first-year experience. Review of applications will begin July 1st. Final deadline for submission is July 30th.
- must have a 2.75 cumulative high school GPA
- must major in Biology or Chemistry
- must qualify for placement in MATH 1111* or MATH 1113
* without learning support courses
Requirements for SLC Admitted Students
- will meet once a week for a minimum of 13 weeks per semester for an SLC planned event or activity. Must maintain a 3.0 science GPA.