About Emergency Student Grant Program
The FVSU Emergency Student Grant Program assists Fort Valley State University students with unforeseen personal financial emergencies that may arise. These include unexpected expenses such as utilities, housing/rent, food, medical/dental, transportation and child care. Funds cannot be used to cover school expenses such as parking, fines, tuition, fees, books, supplies, required tools/equipment, room, and board. In addition to receiving these funds, students will be able to access other resources and support to help them avoid future challenges.
This program is part of Project Success, designed to support students in completing their education at minority serving institutions as they work to complete their education. This one-time funding opportunity is made possible by the Trellis Company, a Project Success partner.
*Currently enrolled part-time or full-time undergraduate students:
- Must be enrolled in the semester they are requesting funding.
- Must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Must have a demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Cannot be in default on any federal loan.
- Must agree to a meeting with the Director of Outreach at FVSU to discuss further support.
- Must have a documented financial emergency.
- Must complete the online Emergency Grant Application.
*Graduate students are not eligible to receive funding.
- All awards will be distributed within 2 business days.
- Funds cannot be given directly to students. Funds will be distributed to third-parties, i.e. landlords, businesses, etc.
- The average award is $500, but cannot exceed $1,000.
A student who received funding previously is no longer eligible for another grant award, regardless of when the student applies.
Apply today here.