Did you know?
- Fort Valley State University is the second Historically Black College and University (HBCU) in Georgia to have a nursing program.
- The average registered nurse’s salary is $70,000 per year.
- There are approximately 4.3 million registered nurses worldwide and 141,117 in the state of Georgia.
- Nurses comprise the largest component of the healthcare workforce.
- During the recent pandemic, the demand for nurses increased tremendously.
- The government projects over 200,000 RN positions will be created yearly between 2020 and 2030.
- Nurses practice in a variety of settings, including hospitals, primary care offices, insurance companies, schools, mental health facilities, urgent cares, nursing homes, hospices agencies, etc.
- Nurses can specialize in areas such as cardiology, oncology, psychiatric/mental health, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, neurology, critical care, etc.
- Over 70% of employers prefer nurses that have a baccalaureate degree.
- Nursing workforce data. Retrieved December 2, 2022, from https://data.georgia.gov/dashboard/nurses/iframe
- News & information. American Association of Colleges of Nursing: The Voice of Academic
- Nursing factsheet. (2022). Retrieved December 2, 2022 from https://www.aacnnursing.org/news
|American Nurse Association (ANA)||https://www.nursingworld.org|
|Georgia Nurse Association (GNA)||https://georgianurses.nursingnetwork.com/|
|American Association of College of Nursing (AACN)||https://www.aacnnursing.org|
|Johnson and Johnson Campaign for Nursing||https://nursing.jnj.com/|