Fort Valley State University will host Fall 2021 Commencement ceremony in-person at HPE Complex on Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 9:30 a.m. for both undergraduates and graduate students.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
FVSU CLEAR BAG POLICY
Fort Valley State University has enacted the clear bag policy for all events held at HPE Complex and Wildcat Stadium. Bags that are non-clear and/or are larger than those outlined in the policy will not be allowed in the HPE Complex or Stadium.
LARGE TOTE: Bags must be clear and not exceed 12″ (by 6″ by 12″) or be a clear one-gallon resealable plastic freezer storage bag, one per person. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5″ tall by 3.4″ wide.
SMALL TOTE: The only non-clear bags permitted are small clutch bags (with or without a strap) that are the size of a hand, 4.5″ by 6.5″, 3.5″ by 4″, or 4.5 by 4″. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated areas. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5″ tall by 3.4″ wide.
For questions, contact the Department of Campus Police and Safety at 478-825-6280.
The following items ARE PROHIBITED from entering Wildcat Stadium and the HPE Complex:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco (including smokeless and e-cigarettes)
- Aerosol cans / sprays
- Coolers or ice chests
- Thermos/metal bottles
- Ice bags
- Bags (not compliant with Clear-Bag Policy)
- Horns or other noisemakers (bells, whistles, etc.)
- Laser pointers
- Selfie sticks
- Cameras with lenses longer than 4″
- Sticks or flag poles
- Flags or banners larger than 3′ x 5′
- Pets/Therapy animals
- Weapons, including those carried with a permit
- Fireworks or other explosives
- Illegal drugs
- Personal transportation devices (skateboards, hover boards, scooters, etc.)
- Inflated balls of any type
- Stadium seats (chair-backs/seat-backs/seat cushions) WITH arms, pockets, compartments, and/or covers
- Electric/battery-powered blankets
- Personal heaters
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by security or event management
In light rain, the ceremony will take place as scheduled. If severe weather is predicted or imminent at the time of the in-person ceremony, FVSU leadership will consider the viability of delaying the start time of the ceremony and if outside at the Stadium relocate the ceremony to the Health and Physical Education Complex.