- Main Office Location: Wildcat Commons Clubhouse
- Office Hours: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Thursday and Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Noon)
Office of Housing & Residential Life
Wildcat Commons Clubhouse
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
Phone: (478) 825-6100
Fax: (478) 825-6149
IMPORTANT HOUSING DATES
Fall 2018 Term
- August 12th- Deadline to pay tuition and fees. Students will not be allowed to move into University Housing until all financial obligations to the University are cleared.
- August 13th- University Housing opens for New Students
Students assigned to WC 1, WC 2, WC 4, and WC 6- Move-in time starts at 8:00am
Students assigned to WC 3, WC 5 and WC 7- Move-in time starts at 11am
- August 13th- Meal Plans start at 12:00 (Noon) for lunch
- August 16th-University Housing opens for Returning/Re-Admit Students at 8:00am
- August 20th- Classes and Late Registration begins
- August 20th- Last day for housing cancellations and meal plan changes
- October 10th-– University Housing closes for students enrolled in Session B Only
- October 12th- University Housing opens for students enrolled in Session C Only
- November 17th- University Housing closes at 12:00pm (Noon) for Fall Break
- November 19th-21st- Fall Break (No Classes) (Faculty and Students Only)
- November 22nd-23rd- Thanksgiving Holiday (University Closed)
- November 25th- University Housing reopens at 8:00am
- December 15th-Meal plans end and University Housing closes for Non-Graduation participants at 12:00pm (Noon)
- December 15th- University Housing closes for Graduation participants at 6:00pm
Fall 2018 Move-In Schedule
All residents must be financially cleared before they will be allowed to move into University Housing. This means that the entire amount owed to FVSU must be paid or you must have enough financial aid and/or a payment plan in place before you will receive your room keys.
The move-in date for new and transfer students is Monday, August 13, 2018 from 8:00am – 2:00pm. In order to provide a worry-free move-in process, students should report to their assigned residence hall at the times noted below.
- Students assigned to WC 1, WC 2, WC 4, and WC 6- Move-in time starts at 8:00am
- Students assigned to WC 3, WC 5 and WC 7- Move-in time starts at 11am
Returning and Re-Admit Students
- Continuing students with a room assignment can report to their assigned facility beginning Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 8:00am – 6:00pm. All financial obligations to the University must be met prior to proceeding to your assigned residence hall. Students who are unsure of their financial status must arrive during the hours of registration. Check-in is from 8:00am-6:00pm daily.
Hours of Registration are:
- August 13th– 9:00am – 6:00pm (New Students Only)
- August 14th– 9:00am – 6:00pm (New Students Only)
- August 15th– 9:00am – 6:00pm (New Students Only)
- August 16th– 9:00am – 6:00pm (Returning & Re-Admit Student)
- August 17th– 9:00am – 6:00pm
In order to ensure you will be allowed to move in, Returning students who do not have a housing assignment or a zero balance should report to the Pettigrew Center during the posted hours of Registration. If you are unsure about your financial status, please report to the Pettigrew Center during the hours of Registration.
Students who are currently on the waiting list should call ahead to ensure they have been assigned a room prior to arriving. If you are currently on the waiting list, please contact the Department of Residential Life for an update regarding your room assignment.