Our services are free to FVSU offices and departments, and we encourage you to work with us to produce high-quality print and electronic promotional materials to serve your needs.
- If you have website support needs, please use the Web Project Request Form.
- If you have photography needs, please use the Photography Request Form.
- To submit a bereavement notice, please click here.
If you’re looking for resources, or simply have questions about the brand or our services, call 478-825-6319 or visit the C.W. Pettigrew Building 202.
A Step-by-Step Process
Project Request form (You are at this step.)
Fill out and submit the form below to begin the project development process. You’ll receive an automated thank you response once you submit the form.
Our staff will contact you to let you know we’ve received your request and, if necessary, to schedule a meeting to discuss your project.
First consultation (may be conducted in person, by phone or by email)
- Discuss the scope of work, timing, and deadlines (production schedule), budget and any other details with the Office of Marketing and Communications team working on your project.
- We will advise you on how best to complete your project.
- Together, we’ll review processes and expectations for the project.
- If your project doesn’t involve a scope of work agreement, we’ll produce a production schedule for you to review and approve at this point.
Scope of work agreement (for larger projects)
- After the first consultation, we’ll send you a scope of work agreement that outlines everything discussed and agreed upon during the consultation.
- The agreement includes a production schedule (listing all key dates), which we’ll enter into our project management system. Keep this production schedule for your reference.
- Please sign and return the agreement to us; we’ll move forward with your project once we’ve received it.
Brainstorming/creative brief (for larger projects)
- We’ll schedule a meeting with you to present a creative brief, which includes a concept(s), a storyboard and objectives/goals for the publication.
- We’ll move forward with your project once you have signed your approval of the creative brief
- Copy editing and/or writing, design and layout will begin, following the steps outlined in the production schedule. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the content; our staff will edit for University style, punctuation and grammar. We will make suggestions to add value to your project, but you are ultimately responsible for the content and its effectiveness. Copy changes and wordsmithing should occur at this stage and should be avoided once the project is in design.
- You’ll receive a weekly status report from our office; it provides updates and highlights the next steps in the production schedule.
- You’ll receive proofs of your publication at the appropriate points in the production schedule. A tracking sheet will accompany the proof. This lists deadlines for each phase of the project, assists us in keeping your publication to the production schedule and flags any problems if the schedule slips. Copy changes should take place prior to the final proof. If additional changes are requested in the final-proof stage, it may delay delivery of your project. Please initial the tracking sheet once you have reviewed your proofs.
- Note that significant changes should be made before the proofing stage. Making major changes when we have already arrived at the proofing stage costs time and money.
- After you have reviewed and approved the final proof and we have done the same, the publication will be released to the printer. Note that while our concept development, project management, writing/editing and design services are free, you are responsible for any external costs, including printing.