Empowering students to become PROFICIENT educators!
Purpose of the ETE Scholarship:
The Fort Valley State University (FVSU) Foundation in cooperation with the FVSU College of Education and Professional Studies (COEPS) Teacher Preparation Program (TPP) developed this scholarship to recruit, engage, and retain FVSU Education majors. The intention is to support and encourage these outstanding students to pursue and complete a Baccalaureate Degree in Education and to become PROFICIENT educators in the following areas: Elementary/Special Education, Middle Grades Education, Agricultural Education, or Health and Physical Education.
ETE Scholarship Eligibility
The scholarship will provide financial assistance up to $1,250 per semester. To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must be enrolled full-time at the University
- Must be an Education major
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA (competitive)
- Must demonstrate financial need (FAFSA)
- Completed, signed and dated online application
- Current, official transcript
- Completed FAFSA form on file with the FVSU Financial Aid Department
- A minimum 300 word essay describing the applicant’s desire to become an educator and the reason they feel they are deserving of this scholarship opportunity.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from the department head or Dean and the other from a faculty member)