Financial Aid Code of Conduct
In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 Section 487 (a) (25) (A)-(C), the Office of Financial Aid staff at Fort Valley State University (FVSU) and agents of the Institution will maintain a strictly professional relationship with lenders, guarantors, loan servicers, or the like when performing services relating to the administration of the Federal Family Education Loan Program, Federal Direct or Private Loans.
The Office of Financial Aid staff and agents of the Institution are prohibited in engaging in any of the following activities:
- revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender
- the solicitation or acceptance of any gift from a lender, guaranty agency or loan servicer
- contractual agreements relating to education loans
- assigning or recommending to a borrower a particular lender or guaranty agency
- requesting or accepting the offer of funds for private loans from any lender
- accepting staffing assistance from any lender
- endorsement of lenders
- acceptance of advisory board compensation
The Office of Financial Aid will not hinder a borrower in any way from selecting his/her lender of choice or incur any unnecessary delays in loan certification. The highest ethical standards will be maintained in following the mission of the Institution and the Office of Financial Aid.