Congratulations Wildcat! Welcome to FVSU.
ENROLLMENT 101 orientation sessions are designed to ensure that new first-time and transfer students smoothly transition into their lives as Wildcats. Learn about your classes and campus life experiences, meet current students, staff, and faculty, and begin to build relationships that will last a lifetime.
Attending an Enrollment 101 session is mandatory for all new students.
Summer 2020 New Students
(Orientation for Summer Session. Only register here if you plan to start classes May 2020)
- You must be fully admitted to FVSU (eligible to register) before you can participate in your Wildcat Enrollment 101 session.
- Please retrieve your Banner ID by visiting Banner Web.
- Setup your new Wildcat E-mail. https://outlook.office.com/
- Register here for your Summer Orientation
- Only register for the May 19th Summer Session Orientation if you plan to start school in May. Students that will start in August will register at the link to the right.
To reserve your seat at a Fall 2020 Wildcat Enrollment 101 session, register for the date(s) below.
*Note: Due to COVID-19 protocols, sessions will be held virtually until further notice.
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Friday, May 15, 2020 (Registration Closed)
• Friday, June 12, 2020 (Registration Closed)
• Friday, June 19, 2020 (Registration Closed)
• Friday, June 26, 2020 (Registration Closed)
• Friday, July 10, 2020
• Friday, July 17, 2020
• Friday, July 24, 2020
Students that attend an orientation session can expect a one on one approach for their enrollment experience. During your visit, future students will have the opportunity:
- to move into your room in the Wildcat Commons Residence Halls (If on-campus)
- meet with staff from Financial Aid
- meet with your academic advisor from the University College
- receive your FVSU photo i.d.
Are you an online or distance education student and still need some help? Check out some of our: Orientation Eservice Template v7 2020 revised as of 3-27-2020
Tentative Schedule Outline (Time TBD)
Office Overview and Visit
• Academic Advisement/Class Schedule
• Financial Aid
• Residential Life
• Bursar/Payment of Fees
• Student ID
Classes and Registration
Students that need to register for classes below 60 earned credit hours (freshmen and sophomore) can contact the University College at 478-822-1070. The center is located on the second floor of the Roycal C. Peabody Building located next to the Hunt Memorial Library.
New student schedules will be created for your Enrollment 101 date.
Students above 60 earned credit hours (juniors and seniors) will register within your academic department.
For more information visit the University College website.
Experience the Ultimate Living Experience at FVSU!
On-campus living at Fort Valley University provides the ultimate in convenience to enhance your college experience.
The Wildcat Commons community comes complete with modern clubhouse, which includes a Slice of Life Pizza Takeout and recreation center.
The Commons come complete with awesome amenities:
- Furniture package
- High speed and wireless internet access
- Computer lab in each Wildcat Commons facility
- Laundry facilities
- Cable TV
- Individual leases
- Recreation/gaming center
- Amenities- wide screen TV and a variety of other recreational items (pool tables, table tennis)
For more information please visit the Office of Residential Life website.
The Office of Financial Aid is here to assist you with finding resources to finance your education. The first step for aid is to complete your FAFSA. After you complete the FAFSA check your Wildcat email for updates. Lastly, be sure to check your MyFVSU account for updates to your student account, class schedule, and update your student information.
For more information visit the Financial Aid website.
Incoming student, have you taken you career assessment?
Take your test prior to your Enrollment 101 date in order to receive your class schedule.
You have been admitted and now you’re wondering what’s next. Sign up for an Enrollment 101 session to take another step closer to joining the Wildcat Family.