The Fort Valley State University Global Innovators Scholarship, worth more than $40,000, is designed to prepare high achieving students for roles as innovators, change agents, and leaders in global society, including commerce, scientific research, the arts, or thought. The program is designed to develop inquisitive, culturally adaptable students who create change. The program will help students understand methods for conducting meaningful and thoughtful research into an idea or opportunity, move ideas to meaningful action, and create new approaches to problem-solving. At the same time, students will develop a greater understanding of globalism by living, learning, and working with people in other countries.
If selected for the scholarship, students receive the following:
- $40,000 scholarship, awarded as $10,000 each year for four years, to be used toward tuition, room, board, books, and fees for full-time enrollment at FVSU*
- A $2,000 stipend to study abroad
- Funding to develop a customized creative project based on the scholar’s unique personal interest, which may include scientific research, artistic or written exploration, or entrepreneurial idea development
- A personal faculty mentor to help guide them through enhanced academic and co-curricular opportunities
*Scholarship distributions of up to $40,000 are awarded based on a student’s unmet need.
Scholarship recipient selection will be based on the following:
- A 3.5 high school grade point average (based on the following courses: four math, four science, four English, three social studies, and two foreign language)
- An 1100 SAT score (Reading and Math) or 22 ACT score (English and Math)
- Demonstrated leadership, civic engagement, and creativity in developing original ideas through academics, research, participation in clubs, organizations, or businesses
- A mandatory on-campus interview on Saturday, November 10, 2018
Compete for the Global Innovators Scholarship
Global Innovators Scholarships are awarded through a competitive process. It is open to students who will be first-time freshmen in any major at FVSU. To be eligible, students must register for the competition and complete an FVSU application for admission by Wednesday, October 31, 2018, and visit campus to be interviewed and complete an on-site essay on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
1. Qualified students can register for the Global Innovators Scholarship Competition by completing the form below.