Receipt and Acknowledgement of Employee Handbook
The Classified Staff Employee Handbook has been updated. The employee handbook is an important document intended to give you important information about your employment with Fort Valley State University and its policies and employee benefits.
- I acknowledge that I have received access to the Fort Valley State University Employee Handbook dated ______, 2019. I understand that this employee handbook replaces any and all prior verbal and written communications regarding FVSU working conditions, policies, procedures, appeal processes, and benefits.
- I understand that the working conditions, policies, procedures, appeal processes, and benefits described in this handbook are confidential and may not be distributed in any way nor discussed with anyone who is not an employee of Fort Valley State University.
- I have read and understood the contents of this handbook and will act in accord with these policies and procedures as a condition of my employment with FVSU.
- I have read and understood the Employee Performance and Conduct expected by Fort Valley State University and I agree to act in accord with the Conduct Guidelines as a condition of my employment by FVSU.
- I understand that if I have questions or concerns at any time about the handbook, I will consult the Office of Human Resources.
- I also acknowledge that the handbook contains an employment-at-will provision that states:
- FVSU can terminate my employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice;
- That this employment-at-will relationship is in effect regardless of any other written statements or policies contained in this handbook, in any other Fort Valley State University documents, or in any verbal statements to the contrary; and
- That no one except the President can enter into any differing employment relationship, contract, or agreement. To be enforceable, any such out-of-the-ordinary relationship. contract or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President, notarized, and in the employee file.
- Finally, I understand that the contents of this employee handbook are simply policies and guidelines, not a contract or implied contract with employees. The contents of the employee handbook may change at any time.
Please read the entire handbook carefully to understand these conditions of employment before you sign this document.
Employee Acknowledgement Handbook
Please fill out the form below. Required fields are indicated with a * symbol. Thank you.