Electronic Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Science
The FVSU’ Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology is the only one of its kind available in middle Georgia.
The program seeks to develop the student’s ability to apply basic circuits
and theories in the analysis and design of analog and digital systems and to use appropriate instrumentation for troubleshooting and analysis of electronic systems; to cultivate an awareness of professional engineering standards and code of ethics; and to instill the value of teamwork and cooperation necessary for successful careers and living.
Graduate of the program go on to pursue graduate study in related field of electronic engineering technology, or enter careers as application engineers, engineering technologists, manufacturing engineers, plant operation engineers, production engineers, sales engineers, field service engineers, or telecommunication engineers and others.
The key aspect of the program is its small class sizes in technical courses. This provides students with the opportunity to receive individualized attention in their training. The laboratory facilities and equipment provide relevant and practical laboratory hands-on experience for students.
The Electronic Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
To be admitted to the university high school students must have a GPA of 2.25 as well as an SAT score of 430 on Critical Thinking/Verbal and 400 on Math or an ACT score of 17 on English and 17 on Math.
Program Educational Objectives
Electronic Engineering Technology Program Educational Objectives:
The EET faculty has established the Program Educational Objectives for the Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology at FVSU, and they are given below. Graduates are prepared to be practicing Electronic Engineering Technologists with the following attributes:
a.possess adequate technical knowledge in their discipline;
b. have problem-solving skills necessary to succeed in engineering technologies;
c. have a well-rounded general education background;
d. have good oral and written communication skills;
e. have adequate knowledge of professional ethics;
f. have the ability for life-long learning; and
g. have a good awareness of contemporary global issues and a commitment to continuous improvement
Electronic Engineering Technology Student Outcomes:
In order to achieve the EET Program Educational Objectives, the EET faculty has established the Student Outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology at FVSU, and they are given below. Students at the time of graduation will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
- Understanding and awareness of Engineering code of ethics.
- an ability to use modern software tools for circuit analysis and report writing.
EET Enrollment & Number of Graduates
|AY||AY 2016-2017||AY 2011 - 2018||AY 2018 - 2019||AY 2019- 2020||AY 2020 - 2021||AY 2021 - 2022|
Powered by the Sun
FVSU faculty member Dr. Cedric Ogden is pioneering the use of solar panels.Learn more...
Meet the Faculty
FVSU’s Department of Agriculture, Family Sciences, and Technology faculty are noted scholars and practitioners.Learn more...
FVSU is leading the way in the use of drones to improve farming.Learn more...
Emerging Leaders Interactive Training and Experience Program (ELITE)
The ELITE program is a leadership and professional development training designed to produce future leaders in agricultural sciences.Learn more...