Erin Mitchell, ME, LPC
- College: College of Arts and Sciences
- Department: Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Associated Majors and Graduate Programs: Psychology (Traditional or Online)
- Office Location: Bond 128
- Download Professor Mitchell’s complete Curriculum Vitae in a printer-friendly format.
Erin Mitchell, ME, LPC
Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences
1005 State University Dr.
Fort Valley State University
Fort Valley, GA 31030-4313
Doctorate of Counselor Education and Supervision
National Louis University, anticipated graduation date 2021
Doctorate of Clinical Psychology
Alliant University, 34 credits, 2013-2014 (military relocation)
Master’s of Education
Wilmington University, January 2005
Bachelor’s of Psychology
Delaware State University, May 2001
EDM Counseling & Professional Development. November 2018 to Present.
Provides training and consultation services for professional organizations. Facilitates support groups. Provides individual and group counseling.
Fort Valley State University, Department of Behavioral and Social Science. January 2017 to Present.
Provides student-focused instruction via online and in-person courses. Ensures high engagement through a myriad of learning strategies and classroom activities. Provides additional support during office hours
Fort Valley State University. August 2015 to October 2018.
Provided individual counseling, crisis intervention, and stabilization to student body. Diagnosed clients, developed treatment plans, and provided evidence-based interventions. Supervised graduate and undergraduate level interns and developed training modules. Collected data and developed relevant, preventative presentations to address student wellness. Provided group counseling for topics such as substance use, anger management, etc.
State of Delaware. September 2007 to June 2011.
Provided crisis intervention, individual and group counseling for 400 regular and special education students. Developed and implemented student-focused lessons for 17 classes each week. Supervised employees and resolved building level concerns in absence of principal. School-wide coordinator for state testing, peer leader, and mentoring programs.
Behavioral Health Specialist.
State of Hawaii. January 2007 to June 2007.
Administered assessment data collection through structured developmental histories, observations, and rating scales. Utilized obtained data to develop, implement, and modify student specific behavioral support treatment plans, functional behavioral assessments, and crisis plans. Provided evidence-based individual and group therapy, parent and teacher training. Designed and implemented student incentive programs tailored to individual motivators.
Family Service Worker.
State of Delaware. September 2003 to January 2005.
Conducted initial and ongoing assessments of clients with substance abuse, financial and/or mental health concerns to determine nature and degree of issues. Counseled individuals and families, supervised visitations, and determined whether immediate removal of children from homes was warranted. Maintained case notes, consulted with professionals, and testified at court hearings.
- State of Georgia Licensed Professional Counselor, 2014-2020.
- State of Delaware Licensed Professional Counselor of Mental Health, 2012-2016.
- Nationally Certified Counselor, 2012-2020.
- Certified Counseling Supervisor, 2018- 2020.
- Licensed Professional Counselor Association of Georgia, 2015-2019.
- American Counselor Association, 2016-2018.
- The Hope Center Advisory Board Member, Macon, Georgia.
- Sexual Assault Prevention Committee Member, Fort Valley, Georgia.
- World AIDS Day Committee Member, Macon, Georgia.
- HARP Committee Member, Fort Valley, Georgia.
- P.R.I.D.E. Navigator Committee Member, Fort Valley, Georgia.
- TRIO Presentation on Healthy Lifestyle Choices. October 2016.
- Stress Management for College Women. February 2017.
- Managing Stress in High School and College Settings. April 2017.
- Conflict Resolution. October 2017.
- Stress Management and Mental Fitness for RAFB. November 2017.
- Dormitory Conflict Resolution. April 2018.
- Cultural Competence Georgia School of Addiction Studies. August 2018.
- TRIO Presentation Stress Management. October 2018.
- World AIDS Day Tubman Museum Presentation. December 2018.
- Panel Member New Hope. April 2019.