Fort Valley State University has a “No-Show and Attendance Verification” procedure. This procedure is to comply with Federal Financial Aid regulations. Financial Aid recipients at Fort Valley State University may become ineligible for funds by not attending at least one class session (per enrolled course). Students who do not attend at least one class session are NOT entitled to keep their financial aid award. The established no-show and attendance verification procedure will enable Fort Valley State University to adjust financial aid awards before funds are issued to students (thereby eliminating liability for both the University and the student). A student reported as a no-show in a course may obtain an “Attendance Verification Form” from the Office of the Registrar in order to be reinstated. The Registrar will notify the students and faculty when the attendance verification process has opened. Faculty members should only sign the form if the student has attended at least one class session. Students have two days to be reinstated once the Attendance Verification period has opened.
Attendance Verification The process to be reinstated for a no-show course for Fall 2019:
- Secure the Attendance Verification Form, for Fall 2019 online (Click Here )starting Tuesday, September 3rd and ending Thursday, September 5th.
- Have the instructor that reported you as a No Show (Non-attending) sign where indicated to verify attendance (form will not be processed without the proper signatures).
- Return the completed form to the Office of the Registrar (FVSU), Troup Administration Building, Suite 134 by 5:00 p.m. Thursday, September 5th (forms received after Monday, June 17th will not be processed).
- Fully online undergraduate students must contact Mrs. Jocelyn Neal at email@example.com or 478-822-1315 for assistance.
- Graduate students must contact Graduate Studies via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- A student enrolled for an eCore/eMajor course and reported as non-attending must follow the instructions provided by the eCore Registrar.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar at Registrar1@fvsu.edu