FVSU Veteran Affairs
A resource for student veterans, service members, and their families.
The Office of Veterans Affairs, a unit within the Office of the Registrar, is located in the C.V. Troup Administration Building, suite 102, and helps eligible student veterans, reservists and dependents obtain educational benefits in compliance with the procedures and regulations of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
FVSU VA Certifying Official:
FVSU Veterans/Military Lounge:
Suite 102 C.V. Troup Administration Building
Fort Valley, GA 31030
VERY IMPORTANT DATES
Fall enrollment deadlines:
- October 1: You can begin applying for aid using the FAFSA.
- March 1: New and returning FVSU students who have completed their FAFSA by this date will receive processing priority.
- April 30: Deadline for completing your FAFSA if you are enrolling in the fall semester.
- June 1: Deadline for completing Verification for the fall semester.
Spring enrollment deadlines:
- November 1: Deadline for FAFSA Completion if you are enrolling in the spring semester.
- November 30: Deadline for completing Verification for the spring semester.
Veterans Educational Benefits– The federal government provides monetary assistance to veteran students if they have a record of serving active duty for more than 180 days. Veterans are not limited to a specific field of study; it is unrestricted. The amount of monthly assistance provided depends on the veteran’s marital status (married or single) and enrollment status (full-time or part-time). Certification for benefits is completed by the Financial Aid Office. These benefits are administered by the Veterans Administration.