Office of the Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I retrieve myFVSU Id?

If you do not know your myFVSU User ID, you may retrieve your myFVSU User ID by clicking this link Display ID Query. Complete the three steps and click Get New ID. Your myFVSU User ID will be displayed. Click Return to Login Page. This link will also take you to the Login Page. Enter your 910 number in the User ID field and your six-digit PIN and then click Login.

What are the deadlines for applying for graduation?

*Application Deadline: Spring – January 31 Summer – March 31 Fall –August 31
Final Application Deadline: Spring – February 15 Summer – April 15 Fall –September 15

*An application received after the application deadline will incur a $35.00 late fee.

Per semester, an application for graduation will not be accepted after the final application deadline.

How do I request a transcript?

All students—former, current and/or recently enrolled—can order official transcripts online at or if already in MyFVSU from the Student Records web page, click on the Transcripts on Demand link.

I need to get an official verification of my student status. Where do I go?

The National Student Clearinghouse has been authorized by Fort Valley State University to provide enrollment verifications.  A student can request enrollment or degree information through the NSC website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Please log into your MyFVSU account to retrieve your documents. 

How do I know if I received a mid-term grade?

Mid-term grades are submitted for ALL students. Students should check their MyFVSU (Banner Web) account before the last day to drop per semester. Click here for the MyFVSU link.

I did not receive my grades or academic standing by mail. Where do I go?

Printed copies of final grades and academic standings are no longer mailed. You can view and print your final grades and standing, as well as those for previous semesters on MyFVSU (Banner Web). Click here for the MyFVSU link.

How do I drop or add a course?

Drop and add occurs the first day of class each semester. Drop/Add forms can be obtained from your academic advisor.

If I skipped a Fall or Spring semester do I have to complete an application for re-admission?

Yes, you must apply for re-admission to the University. Click here for Application for Readmission-located under forms.text.

I have already registered but am unable to attend classes this semester. What do I do?

If it’s before the first day of class, cancel your registration. To cancel your registration, notify the Office of the Registrar in writing. If classes have already begun, you need to withdraw from school. To withdraw, you must complete the online withdrawal form.

How will I receive important notifications from the university?

Students are required to check their FVSU Wildcat email account. Important dates, university announcements, and upcoming events will be distributed electronically.

Does the Office of the Registrar have an email address?

Yes! Send your questions and comments to the following address:

What is the Office of the Registrar address, phone and fax number?

Office of the Registrar

Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, Georgia 31030
(478) 825-6282
FAX: (478) 825-6155

What hours can I reach a representative in the Office of the Registrar?

We are teleworking from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

For assistance, please email the Office of Registrar at