Eligibility Requirements and Application
The Fort Valley State University Honors Program has a separate admissions process from the university. Students may apply for to the Honors Program and the University simultaneously, but admission to the Honors Program is contingent upon admission to FVSU. Applications must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Fall Deadline: June 15
- Spring Deadline: November 1
Applicants must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of no less than 3.50 on a 4.0 scale. Incoming freshman just joining the University may submit their cumulative high school GPA. Existing FVSU students should supply their FVSU institutional GPA, and they should have completed between 15 and 60 credit hours
Applicants should be prepared to supply the following information:
- Full contact information (mailing address, phone number, and email address).
- A statement no more than two pages long that highlights their suitability for the program, to be attached to the electronic application.
- An unofficial copy of their transcripts (high school transcripts for entering freshmen, college or university transcripts for current FVSU and transfer students) , to be attached to the electronic application.
- One letter of recommendation from a high school or college instructor who has taught the student, to be attached to the electronic application.
- Submitting the application also constitutes students’ acceptance of the FVSU Honor Code Pledge and an explicit agreement to abide by that pledge.
FVSU Honors Program Application
- Current FVSU Students click here to apply in a new window.
- Prospective Students click here to create an account and apply in a new window.